Raheem Sterling will return to Qatar on Friday ahead of the huge World Cup quarter-final showdown against France.
The 27-year-old forward did not feature in Sunday's last-16 win against Senegal due to concern over his family’s wellbeing after a break-in at his home in Surrey.
Sterling returned to the UK and had indicated he'd be willing to return to the World Cup as long as he was assured of his family’s safety, with additional security measures being worked through.
On Thursday the FA confirmed the Chelsea man will be back in the England camp by Friday.
An FA statement read: "Raheem Sterling will return to England's World Cup base in Qatar.
"The Chelsea forward temporarily left to attend to a family matter but is now expected to rejoin the squad in Al Wakrah on Friday [9 December] ahead of the quarter-final with France."
Surrey Police issued a statement earlier on Wednesday morning saying they were working to establish whether the arrest of two men on Tuesday night in an area close to where Sterling lives had any connection to the burglary at his home, which was reported on Saturday.
However, an update on Wednesday afternoon said "at this time" the arrests were not being linked to the break-in at Sterling’s house.
Sources close to the player had initially indicated armed intruders had broken into his home while his family were inside, but subsequent police statements said the occupants of the house had reported items missing after returning to the family home from an international trip.
Police said on Monday they were working to establish precisely when the break-in took place, and also offered assurances to the local public that no witness statements had been made regarding the involvement of armed suspects or threats of violence.
Meanwhile, Sterling's international team-mate Kyle Walker will not underestimate his own ability as the England full-back looks set to be tasked with shackling Kylian Mbappe in the World Cup quarter-final clash with France (Live on RTÉ2/RTÉ Player from 6.30pm Saturday).
Mbappe has scored five goals to lead the race for the golden boot in Qatar and much has been made about how England will go about stopping him.
Manchester City full-back Walker is likely to be matched up against the 23-year-old and is ready for the challenge.
"I do understand what I need to do and that is to stop him," he said.
"It is easier said than done, but I don't underestimate myself. I have played against some great players at Man City and England, I treat it as another game, I take extra care and give him the respect he deserves, but not too much respect."
Walker has come up against Mbappe four times in the Champions League and has earned plaudits for how he has dealt with the Paris St Germain forward.
"Obviously it is always going to help because I’ve played against him a number of times now with Manchester City," added Walker.
"He is a fantastic player in great form. It is not going to be an easy task, but as a professional footballer you want to play against the best and I think he is one of the best if not the best in the world at the moment."
There have been suggestions England boss Gareth Southgate could opt for a back three for the quarter-final at Al Bayt Stadium, having stuck with a central defensive duo in the first four games.
Asked about his changing role in the different system, Walker said: "I don’t really bomb forward as much as I used to playing for Tottenham as a wing-back, it is about reading the game, the opponent, the formation the manager wants you to play in and adapting to that.
"I will do whatever the manager asks in terms of benefiting the team."
England midfielder miss training through illness today.
The 23-year-old midfielder has started all four games for Gareth Southgate’s side in Qatar but was absent from the session at Al Wakrah Sports Complex.
Striker Callum Wilson also sat out as he recovers from a minor muscle strain.
We need your consent to load this YouTube contentWe use YouTube to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Follow every game from the 2022 FIFA World Cup via live blogs on RTÉ.ie/sport and the RTÉ News app, or watch live on RTÉ Television and RTÉ Player