If there was any danger of Leinster suffering a European hangover, Richie Gray made sure it wouldn't be an issue.

The defending champions had looked rusty in the opening quarter of an hour against Glasgow Warriors at the RDS, until a moment of stupidity from the Scottish second row opened the door for Leo Cullen's side, who rarely need to even be given the invitation.

At the time of Gray's sin-binning for a reckless clearout on Jamison Gibson-Park, the Warriors had been 7-0 in front and frustrating Leinster, who were struggling to find their beat.

But they were ruthless in that period, running in three converted tries to take control of the game, and from that point they never looked back.

Jordan Larmour followed up his mesmeric performance against Munster with another scorching display, scoring two tries and setting up two more, leaving many of the small 9,346 attendance wondering what might have been had the wing played in Marseille a week ago.

Dan Sheehan bookended their four first half tries, either side of scores for Joe McCarthy and Larmour, as Leinster all but killed the game off by the interval.

By the hour mark they had moved past 50 points and were cutting a brutal Glasgow defence open at will, Caelan Doris and Michael Ala'alatoa crashing their way over, before Gibson-Park and Garry Ringrose scored, both set up by Larmour.

It was a pathetic second-half display from the Warriors, who allowed four more tries as Leinster pushed towards the 80-point mark.

Larmour's second was followed by scores for Frawley, Luke McGrath and Jimmy O'Brien, as the defending champions gave themselves a bonus training session ahead of the visit of the Bulls in the semi-finals next Friday night.

Ronan O'Gara made it clear this week that to beat Leinster, you need tries, and Glasgow set their stall out early in that regard. Twice in the opening 70 seconds James Ryan conceded penalties, and the Warriors put each of those to the corner, turning down an easy three points on the second of those.

Their maul was shut off instantly, but they stayed patient and worked through the phases before Zander Fagerson made the decisive pick-and-go to burrow his way over for a try on four minutes, which was converted by Ross Thompson to make it 7-0 to the visitors.

It was clear in the opening 10 minutes that there was dirty diesel yet to be flushed from Leinster's system; Ross Byrne overcooked a grubber kick and sent it dead, their scrum gave up a penalty, Ciarán Frawley missed his mark with two passes in the space of a minute, the second of which was a result of Byrne completely switching off.

And then on 14 minutes Gray handed them a gift.

After Leinster broke down the left touchline, the former Scotland international took out Gibson-Park at a ruck. In real time it looked a routine penalty incident, but after his attention was drawn to the big screen, referee Andrea Piardi decided it needed to be reviewed by the TMO.

As Gray dived in, he cocked his right elbow in the direction of Gibson-Park's head. The officials decided the degree of danger was low, enough to spare him a red card but not enough to prevent a yellow.

It may as well have been red, because the game was won and lost in those 10 minutes, three Leinster tries in that period seeing them turn a seven point deficit into a 14 point lead.

From the resulting penalty they kicked to the corner and walked their maul to the line for Sheehan to score a try, with Byrne's conversion making it 7-7.

Four minutes later, Rory O'Loughlin's looping pass put Larmour into space, and the wing saw open road in front of him before stepping on the gas.

He split the gap between Sam Johnson and Ryan Wilson to speed clear, popping inside to Gibson-Park. The scrum-half tried to return the pass to his winger, but Rufus McLean did well to get in between the pair and flick the ball back. Unfortunately for him, it landed right back in Gibson-Park's hands, who unselfishly popped it up for Larmour to score, with another Byrne conversion making it 14-7.

They were in the mood by now, and on 23 minutes they had their third try, this time McCarthy bulldozing his way over to score in somewhat fortunate circumstances.

The second row was diving for the line as a Glasgow hand came in and seemed to dislodge the ball from his grasp. It came back off his head before he finished off the try, and the TMO was satisfied there was no knock-on, even if the Warriors weren't.

As Byrne pushed the lead out to 21-7, a sheepish Gray jogged back onto the field after the most expensive of sin-bins, with the look of a man who left a pot on the hob, only to find his house burned to the ground.

By this stage Leinster were cruising along. The visitors tried their best to work their way back into the game but never looked to have a grip on it, and a second Sheehan try right on half time gave Leo Cullen's side breathing room at the break, even if Byrne's conversion came back off the post to leave the scores 26-7.

If there was even the slightest cinder of doubt about Leinster seeing out the win, it was extinguished within two minutes of the restart when Doris crashed over for try number five, the number 8 finishing off a move that had started with his break through midfield moments later.

Byrne's conversion - his fourth out of five - made it 33-7 as thoughts turned to the visit of the Bulls next week, Ala'alatoa introduced for Tadhg Furlong.

Ala'alatoa made an instant impact ass he worked his way over for another try on 47 minutes, Leinster now helped by a yellow card for Warriors full-back Ollie Smith who was sin-binned for a deliberate knock-on.

Full-time couldn't come quick enough for Glasgow, and the game couldn't last long enough for Larmour, who was running through gaps in the defence at will.

On 54 minutes he combined with Frawley to break down the wing and pass inside for Gibson-Park to run in the seventh try of the game, before ghosting inside Ross Thompson two minutes later to set up Ringrose, as the scoreboard ticked to 52-7.

George Horne pulled one back for the visitors but their suffering wasn't over.

Larmour deservedly jogged in for his second try just after the hour mark, after the Glasgow defence had been sucked in under their own posts, Jimmy O'Brien's excellent running line and looping pass taking advantage of the numbers out wide.

The only thing sparing the Warriors was Byrne's errant kicking, two missed conversions in a row - not that they mattered - meant the score was 57-14 rather than 60-plus.

Leinster's only challenge remaining was to see if they could match points with minutes. The tries kept coming, Frawley intercepting a Smith pass to run in from half way, before another open door in midfield saw Luke McGrath jog in the 11th try of the game as the clock hit 70, Harry Byrne's conversion tipping them into an embarrassing 71-14 lead.

And there was still time for O'Brien to finish things off, Leinster's 12th try of the game a sobering reminder to anyone who thought their season would peter out.

Leinster: Jimmy O'Brien; Jordan Larmour, Garry Ringrose, Ciarán Frawley, Rory O'Loughlin; Ross Byrne, Jamison Gibson-Park; Andrew Porter, Dan Sheehan, Tadhg Furlong; Joe McCarthy, James Ryan (capt); Ryan Baird, Josh van der Flier, Caelan Doris

Replacements: Seán Cronin, Cian Healy, Michael Ala'alatoa, Ross Molony, Jack Conan, Luke McGrath, Harry Byrne, Robbie Henshaw

Glasgow Warriors: Ollie Smith; Josh McKay, Sione Tuipulotu, Sam Johnson, Rufus McLean; Ross Thompson, Ali Price; Jamie Bhatti, George Turner, Zander Fagerson; Rob Harley, Richie Gray; Ryan Wilson (capt), Gregor Brown, Jack Dempsey

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Oli Kebble, Simon Berghan, Lewis Bean, Kiran McDonald, Thomas Gordon, George Horne, Domingo Miotti

Referee: Andrea Piardi (FIR, 23rd league game)