Munster have arrived back in Ireland after leaving South Africa last night.
The party of 34 flew in today and will now self-isolate for ten days.
Fourteen of the original touring party, including players and staff, remain in a quarantine hotel in South Africa and are "doing well".
The team was due to play two United Rugby Championship matches but both were cancelled when the country was added to a restricted travel list following coronavirus concerns.
They had originally hoped to leave at the weekend but a number of positive cases within the camp delayed their departure.
There is still no certainty about the make-up of the Munster squad for their upcoming Champions Cup match on 12 December with the isolation period possibly coming to an end just prior to the game against Wasps.
Munster say that organisers EPCR "are aware of the situation and in contact with the province."
"34 Munster Rugby players and staff have arrived home to Ireland after departing South Africa last night thanks to the invaluable assistance of Mark Pinsent and his team at our Official Travel Partner, Rugby Travel Ireland," the province said in a statement.
"As outlined by the government earlier this week, they will now follow mandatory self-isolation and PCR testing at their own locations.
"Our thoughts continue to be with the 14 players and staff of Munster Rugby who remain at the designated quarantine hotel in Cape Town and are doing well.
"The many well wishes and messages of support for the remaining players and staff are greatly appreciated.
"We would like to wish our URC colleagues at Cardiff Rugby all the best as they plan to depart South Africa on Thursday morning.
"In squad news, Munster's senior and Academy players who didn’t travel to South Africa have been training since Monday along with a number of the province’s NTS (National Talent Squad) and PTS (Provincial Talent Squad) members at the High Performance Centre.
"Greencore Munster Rugby Academy Manager Ian Costello and staff are overseeing the training schedule as preparations continue for Munster’s opening Champions Cup game against Wasps on Sunday, 12 December."
Dai Young says Cardiff will "do everything in our power" to play their Heineken Champions Cup games against Toulouse and Harlequins.
Cardiff have confirmed that a travelling party of 42 players and staff are due to fly out of Cape Town on Thursday.
All of that group have returned negative coronavirus tests, but an additional six individuals who tested positive for Covid-19 have been transferred to a South African quarantine hotel.
A 10-day period of quarantine on arrival in the United Kingdom means that the 28 players and 14 staff members leaving South Africa can play no part in the European fixtures.
Rugby director Young's team host European champions Toulouse on 11 December, then visit Gallagher Premiership winners Quins seven days later.
Teams who are unable to fulfil European Cup fixtures face forfeiting the game under strict tournament rules, and it is understood that competition organisers currently have no plans to postpone games.
Such a stance, though, drew criticism last season after a handful of coronavirus-related cancellations saw clubs responsible handed 28-0 defeats.
"Anyone from this trip will be ineligible to face Toulouse and Quins, but we have got a number of internationals back home and we will do everything in our power to honour these fixtures," Young told Cardiff’s official website.
"The team will be made up of the internationals who haven’t come with us and some of our best academy players.
"I am confident they will do the jersey proud, but we need the Cardiff support to get right behind us."
Six Cardiff players involved in the Autumn Nations Series with Wales – Josh Adams, Uilisi Halaholo, Tomos Williams, Dillon Lewis, Seb Davies and Ellis Jenkins – did not travel to South Africa.
Follow Leinster v Connacht (Friday 7.45pm) via our live blog on RTÉ.ie/sport and the RTÉ News app or listen to the inter-pro derby on RTÉ Radio 1 Extra.