Birmingham City produced a second-half comeback to avoid an FA third-round upset with Republic of Ireland international Kevin Long scoring the winner in a 2-1 success at Forest Green Rovers.

Lukas Jutkiewicz was also on the mark as the Championship side went through despite a scare from League One's bottom club.

A Ben Stevenson stunner after seven minutes put Rovers in front but Blues fought back to reach the fourth round.

Forest Green's early pressure was rewarded when a short-corner routine was worked neatly to Stevenson and he planted a fine curling effort into the top corner from 25 yards.

Visiting captain Jutkiewicz gave Rovers goalkeeper Lewis Thomas no chance soon after the break when he fired a low effort from the edge of the area into the bottom corner.

Neil Etheridge produced an incredible double save at the other end to deny a spectacular Regan Hendry strike and a Matt Stevens follow-up to keep the scoreline level.

But Tahith Chong's corner fell kindly for Long who side-footed home to complete the comeback after 65 minutes. The win sets up a clash with Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.

Mark Sykes' third goal in two games put Bristol City ahead in their 2-1 extra-time victory over Swansea City at Liberty Stadium.

Belfast-born Sykes, who made his Republic of Ireland debut in the 1-0 win over Malta in November, struck twice in the 4-2 win over Birmingham City on Saturday and added another in the cup, putting the visitors in front with a composed finish just after the hour mark.

Swans substitute Ollie Cooper levelled the scores in the 73rd minute, seconds after coming on. Extra-time was required and the tie appeared destined for penalties until Sam Bell's decisive intervention on 112 minutes.

Bristol substitute Bell cut in from the left and fired past goalkeeper Andy Fisher to settle the replay and reward his club with a home tie against West Brom.

Elijah Adebayo scored a dramatic stoppage-time winner as Luton Town advanced to round four of the Emirates FA Cup with a 2-1 victory at Wigan Athletic.

Extra-time was on the cards after Cauley Woodrow quickly cancelled out Thelo Aasgaard's second-half opener but Adebayo pounced from close range at the death.

West Bromwich Albion ruthlessly exposed the 70-place gap between themselves and National League Chesterfield as they won their FA Cup third-round replay 4-0 at The Hawthorns.

John Swift scored the first goal then had a hand in the next two from Tom Rogic and Jake Livermore before substitute Jovan Malcolm headed the fourth.

Carlos Corberan's in-form side made it 10 wins in 12 games in all competitions.