Jeff Hendrick rescued a point for Reading as Norwich extended their unbeaten run in the Championship to nine matches with a hard-earned 1-1 draw at the Madejski Stadium.

In an even first half, Reading went closest to breaking the deadlock when Norwich goalkeeper Tim Krul saved spectacularly from an Andy Carroll header. Hendrick also shaved an upright, with Krul struggling, from a long-range effort.

Norwich went ahead in the 50th minute, when skipper Grant Hanley struck from a corner, but Reading equalised 10 minutes later through Hendrick. Good work by Junior Hoilett gave Hendrick the space on the edge of the area and he beat Krul at the near post with a low shot.

Callum Robinson had plenty of chances but wasn't able to convert any of them for Cardiff City who had to rely on a a 20-yard screamer from Mark Harris and a penalty save from Ryan Allsop to edge to a 1-0 win against Blackburn Rovers.

Robinson scored a 90th-minute goal at the weekend to help the Bluebirds to a draw against Burnley, but he was unable to find his range. Time after time the Republic of Ireland striker found himself in the box, but he either could not find the target or could not beat Thomas Kaminski in the Rovers goal.

Instead it was Harris who scored in the 65th minute when he latched onto Robinson's cross from the left to grab the winner.

Chris Willock's sixth goal of the season earned QPR a fifth win in seven games as they beat Championship leaders Sheffield United 1-0 at Bramall Lane.

The Hoops had lost each of their last five meetings against United but Willock’s 51st-minute effort ended that sequence as the hosts suffered a first defeat in 10 matches.

John Egan played the full 90 minutes for the Blades but there was little he could do about Willock's goal.

Callum Robinson of Cardiff City

Luton and Huddersfield shared a 3-3 thriller at Kenilworth Road, with five goals coming before half-time.

Huddersfield twice led in the first period through a Carlton Morris own goal and a Jordan Rhodes penalty.

But Elijah Adebayo's double saw the Hatters level before Jordan Clark struck seconds before the interval.

Ben Jackson equalised for Huddersfield after 70 minutes, but the Terriers finished with 10 men as David Kasumu was sent off in added time for two bookable offences.

Bottom-placed Coventry drew 0-0 at Bristol City.

Han-Noah Massengo and Antoine Semenyo went close for the hosts as the Robins sought to end a three-game losing streak.

But Coventry were much-improved after the break and Matty Godden saw his second-half header cleared onto the bar by home defender Mark Sykes.

Bristol City had late appeals for a Callum Doyle handball in the penalty area waved away.

Sunderland and Blackpool played out a 0-0 draw at the Stadium of Light as the home side missed the chance to climb back into the Sky Bet Championship play-off places.

The strikerless Black Cats drew a blank for the second home game in a row, while Blackpool ended a three-match losing run.