Ten-man Preston pulled off a sensational second-half comeback as they came from behind to draw 2-2 with Sheffield United at Deepdale.

The hosts looked down and out after Jayden Bogle and Billy Sharp scored for the Blades before half-time, while Andrew Hughes was dismissed.

But Ryan Lowe's side were far from dead and buried and they staged a dramatic turnaround late on, grabbing a point thanks to goals from Alan Browne and Emil Riis.

Both goalkeepers were called into action in the early exchanges, with Wes Foderingham denying Preston's Scott Sinclair at one end and then Daniel Iversen tipping away Iliman Ndiaye's low effort at the other.

The Blades were not to be deterred though and they scored with their next meaningful attack when John Egan's bullet header was well saved, only for the ball to fall straight to Bogle who smashed a low drive through a forest of legs and into the back of the net.

That was United's first goal for nearly five hours of football and they would add a second before the break after Rhian Brewster raced through on goal before being hauled down by Hughes.

The defender was shown a straight red card for his troubles and to rub salt into the wounds, Sharp stepped up to resoundingly lash home the resulting spot-kick and double the lead.

Both teams continued on the front foot after the break, with Ndiaye and Browne seeing good efforts well saved at either end.

Daniel Johnson and Riis both drew saves out of Foderingham before they halved the deficit with 19 minutes remaining as Browne calmly converted from 10 yards after being well picked out by Johnson.

That gave North End the momentum and as the visitors retreated towards their 18-yard box, Preston looked the most likely to score next.

Lowe called upon ex-Blade Ched Evans in the search for an equaliser and the striker duly delivered an assist by teeing up Riis to dramatically prod home from close range to make it 2-2 in the dying minutes.

Fulham moved five points clear at the top of the Championship table thanks to a relentless 6-2 win at home to struggling Birmingham.

It was a third high-scoring encounter in the space of a week for Marco Silva's side following a 7-0 romp at Reading and a 6-2 home success at Bristol City's expense.

Neeskens Kebano, Fabio Carvalho and Tom Cairney added to an own-goal opener, with Birmingham's Ivan Sunjic pulling one back to make it 4-1 at half-time.

Gary Gardner gave Blues brief hope of an unlikely comeback with a 74th-minute second before Carvalho scored his second and Antonee Robinson helped himself to a sixth.

Meanwhile, in League 1, Ireland striker Will Keane scored in Wigan's 2-1 victory over Morecambe as the Latics moved back into the automatic promotion places, leapfrogging Sunderland into second place.

Gavin Bazunu kept another clean sheet as Portsmouth drew 0-0 with Wimbledon. Pompey stay ninth in the table, five points off the play-off places.

It was Bazunu's 11th clean sheet of the season and his sixth in seven games for the south coast club.