Peamount United will have to put their title celebrations on ice for another week as they were held to a scoreless draw by a dogged DLR Waves side in Greenogue.

Ireland keeper Eve Badana denied Tiegan Ruddy from the penalty spot late in the first half as the Peas were left to rue a missed opportunity to seal a historic third title in a row.

Steph Roche struck the bar in the second half as the Peas looked to render next week's clash with Galway meaningless but they couldn't find the key to unlock an impressive Waves side.

With the TG4 cameras in Greenogue for the first time (Waves had given up home advantage as men's rugby took primacy at the UCD Bowl) the game more than lived up to the billing.

It was far from one-way traffic in spite of the 24-point gap that separates them in the table, and Waves shaded the first quarter without creating anything clear cut.

Peamount were restricted to shots from distance with Roche shooting over from 30 yards, while Becky Watkins and Ruddy saw shots easily saved by Badana.

They looked to have found their route to a lead when Aoife Brophy was penalised for handball in the box, but Badana saved Ruddy's low effort brilliantly.

She pulled off an even better fingertip save to keep out a goalbound Aine O'Gorman effort moments later as the sides went in scoreless.

Roche rattled the crossbar with a wonderfully-struck effort and Badana got behind an O'Gorman volley as Peamount pushed on.

Waves had chances of their own and finished strongly with Kerri Letmon and Jess Gleeson shooting narrowly over, but scoreless it finished.

Peamount United: Naoisha McAloon; Lucy McCartan, Chloe Moloney, Tiegan Ruddy, Dearbhaile Beirne; Dora Gorman, Karen Duggan, Stephanie Roche; Aine O'Gorman, Becky Watkins (Megan Smyth-Lynch 71(, Alannah McEvoy (Lauren Kelly 76).

DLR Waves: Eve Badana; Aoife Brophy, Jess Gleeson, Niamh Barnes, Niamh Prior; Fiona Donnelly, Nadine Clare, Rachel Doyle (Carla McManus 70); Kerri Letmon, Avril Brierley (Catherine Cronin 56), Katie Malone.

Referee: Claire Purcell

Shelbourne kept their title hopes alive with a 3-1 victory over Dublin rival Bohemians to move within two points of Peamount with just one to play.

Jessica Ziu opened and closed the scoring for The Reds as they dominated this game at Oscar Traynor Centre, with Jessie Stapleton adding to her recent Player of the Month award with their other goal.

This was a fairly one-sided affair, at least in the first half, with Ziu wreaking havoc with her direct running and the midfield duo of Alex Kavanagh and Ciara Grant pulling the strings.

Bohemians did find the net however, courtesy of a sensational strike from the half-way line by Lisa Murphy.

In what was their final game of the season, Cork City set a new attendance record for a League game with 1,007 spectators filing into Turner's Cross as they beat Treaty United 3-1 with proceeds going to Breast Cancer Ireland.

Paul Farrell's team took an early lead through captain Becky Cassin but the visitors hit back when Jenna Slattery found the back of the net to record her ninth goal of the year.

Motivated by the large crowd, The Leesiders set about regaining the lead and they did just that on 75 minutes when Tipperary native Sarah McKevitt fired in.

Time was ticking out when Laura Shine added some gloss to the scoreline and ensured that Cork ended a frustrating season with a deserved win.

On Friday night, Galway and Athlone Town played out a 1-1 draw.

Kellie Brennan had given Athlone the lead but the home side earned a point after Athlone's Chloe Flynn turned the ball into her own net.