Georgie Kelly scored twice to get Bohemians back to winning ways in the proverbial game of two halves at Bishopsgate.

A stunning free kick from Tyreke Wilson and a lovely finish from teenager Jamie Mullins turned the game on its head after Dean Williams had given Longford a deserved first half lead.

Coupled to Derry City's defeat at champions Shamrock Rovers on Friday night, a first victory in four games gets Bohemians back into contention for Europe via the league.


A 19th defeat of the season leaves Longford 19 points adrift at the foot of the table.

Though they had a Kelly goal disallowed for offside after 15 minutes, Bohemians, playing their seventh game in 23 days, were on the back foot for much of the first half, Longford trooping off at the interval full value for the 1-0 lead.

A constant threat to the visitors’ goal, Dean Williams had a couple of half chances before wasting a glorious opening to put Town in front on 27 minutes.

Dylan Grimes and Darragh Nugent carved the opportunity, the latter’s cross to Williams in space in the area being rifled over the crossbar.

Bohemians goalkeeper James Talbot then rescued his side on the double, first parrying Williams’ low drive before smothering the ball at the feet of the in-rushing Grimes.

Longford’s pressure on their sluggish visitors’ goal finally told on 37 minutes with their deserved lead.

Shane Elworthy did well on the right to whip over a low cross. And though Talbot parried Williams’ shot with his legs the ball rebounded off the Town striker on the ground to roll over the line.

Looking for a response before the interval, Bohemians enjoyed their first spell of pressure.

On for the injured Liam Burt, Mullins’ dangerous cross was only partially cleared in turn by Mick McDonnell and Aaron O’Driscoll.

The ball fell for Dawson Devoy who got under his shot which flew over Lee Steacy’s crossbar.

With doubtless a few choice words from manager Keith Long at the internal, Bohemians turned the game on its head within 10 minutes of the restart.

Less than a minute in, Longford failed to clear Devoy’s ball into their area with McDonnell bundling Georgie Kelly to the ground to concede a soft penalty.

Kelly duly blasted home from the spot.

Left-back Wilson’s left foot then put Bohemians in front with a sublime free kick after Robinson had fouled Tierney.

Working hard to get back into the game, Longford had justifiable claims for penalty dismissed on 68 minutes when Ben Lynch, on his debut, appeared to be fouled by Talbot.

Referee Ben Connolly didn’t agree, even showing a yellow card to the 19-year-old left-back for diving.

Bohemians responded to kill the game with Kelly confidently slipping home his 18th league goal of the season after Dawson Devoy and Tierney threaded him in on 79 minutes.

Mullins, who turned 17 last week, then helped himself to a belated birthday present on 88 minutes when calmly side-footing home Conor Levingston’s cross.

Longford Town: Lee Steacy; Shane Elworthy,Mick McDonnell, Aaron O’Driscoll, Ben Lynch; Aaron Robinson (Conor Davis 80), Darragh Nugent; Dylan Grimes, Darragh Nugent, Dean Byrne (Callum Warfield 74); Dean Williams.

Bohemians: James Talbot; Rory Feely, Rob Cornwall, Ciaran Kelly, Tyreke Wilson; Conor Levingston (Cole Tiernan 90+1), Dawson Devoy (Aaron Doran 90+1); Ali Coote (Promise Omochere 81), Ross Tierney (Roland Idowu 90+1), Liam Burt (Jamie Mullins 36); Georgie Kelly.

Referee: Ben Connolly (Dublin).