Vinny Perth detailed the illness and injuries that have left him short some 10 players, but the Dundalk manager is furious with how their Covid situation was made public.

The holders made light of their depleted squad to see off Finn Harps in extra-time of the replay of their epic FAI Cup tie, with Perth crediting the Oriel Park crowd for getting them through.

However he could not hide his anger at the reports that emerged on Monday around positive cases in their squad.

"We haven't prepared for tonight's game. We've turned up and we've pieced together a team," he told RTÉ Sport.

"Friday night's game, I don't know who's available. I'm still waiting on some results, from Covid tests. It's very disappointing that someone in this club felt they could leak information at 1.30 in the day to a journalist, when we didn't even have the results of the covid test results until 5 o'clock.

"It created real uncertainty around the players and their families. That's not good and I'm really not happy around the reporting of the incident.

"I've had a headache for the last two days, a real headache, and I don't get headaches. I've got people at home that I care about, so I was then really worried."

Perth said "it has been really difficult", with an illness separate to Covid further depleting the squad.

"It's still an ongoing situation. At 6.30 tonight when I put away my phone we were still waiting on a couple of results. Not all of our players are missing tonight because of Covid, there is a sickness in the club, they've tested clear but they are still very, very sick.

"That's a separate issue to Covid. A staff member isn't well either. We missed 8, 9, 10 players tonight but they weren't all Covid issues, certainly not, and we'll have one or two back for Friday.

"It's a personal health issue. It's not like an injury. People have to speak to their own parents and family. We have a huge process in terms of close contacts for people, so it will all play out over the next few days"

It's been a difficult season for the Lilywhites, but Perth credited the home crowd for helping the team get through a tough tie against Finn Harps.

"This club gets a lot of publicity, a lot of it brought on ourselves. Tonight was about team and supporters sticking together," he said.

"This place is quite bleak without fans in it and this is the first proper night we've had with fans back in the ground.

"Tonight they really go behind the team."

Harps manager Ollie Horgan praised an injury-ravaged Dundalk on their fitness, which he believes saw them through in extra-time.

"We didn't take our chances when we were on top," he told RTÉ Sport. "We conceded a poor goal from a throw in.

"Dundalk, they got stronger as game went on and to their credit they got stronger again in extra-time and they showed their power and strength in extra-time and we couldn't live with it."