The bottom two sides in the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division couldn't be separated as Finn Harps and Cork City shared the spoils at a sparsely-attended Finn Park.

Dylan McGlade gave the Leesiders the lead just before the hour mark before Raffaele Cretaro came off the bench to grab a point for the home team.

Cork were backed by a handful of loyal supporters who made their way to Ballybofey to watch through a fence, with County Donegal now at Level 3 in the government measures against Covid-19 meaning the action took place behind closed doors. 

Cork opted against staying over on Saturday night, instead making the long trek on Sunday morning.

Supporters watch from outside the ground

Barry McNamee and Alan Russell combined well in the first half to present Alexander Kogler with a chance from which he failed to hit the target.

Cork were then denied by Mark Anthony McGinley, who made a fantastic save to deny Cian Coleman from a header, and then the Harps goalkeeper kept out a McGlade curler.

After a scoreless first half, it was a similar start to the second when McGinley had to be on his toes again to Joseph Oluwa's belter eight minutes after the restart.

McGinley was beaten finally on 57 minutes when McGlade swept a rolling ball from Daire O’Connor home from 20 yards.

Harps got back on level terms on 76 minutes when Stephen Folan fed Cretaro, who shot past Mark McNulty from just outside the area.

It was Ollie Horgan’s team who pressed more for the winner in the closing stages, without testing McNulty in the Cork goals. 

Finn Harps: Mark Anthony McGinley; Shane McEleney, Kosvova Sadiki, Stephen Folan; Karl O’Sullivan, Mark Coyle (Ryan Connolly 62), Leo Donnellan, Sam Todd (Jack Serrant-Green 79); Barry McNamee; Mark Russell (Adam Foley 62), Alexander Kogler (Raffaele Cretaro 46).

Cork City: Mark McNulty; Dale Holland (Jake O’Brien 79), Joseph Oluwa, Alan Bennett, Kevin O’Connor; Dylan McGlade, Gearóid Morrissey, Cian Coleman, Daire O’Connor (Connor Simpson 79), Deshane Dalling; Kit Elliott (Scott Fenwick 74).

Referee: Paul McLaughlin.