Republic of Ireland defender Niamh Fahey got on the scoresheet as Liverpool demolished Blackburn Rovers 8-1 to ease into the fifth round of the Women's FA Cup.

Rinsola Babajide was the star of the show, scoring four goals as the Reds cantered past their Championship opponents at the Sir Tom Finney Stadium.

Babajide scored her first in the 10th minute as Niamh Charles' cross eventually fell at her feet and she converted with a low finish.

The Reds soon doubled their lead when Fahey was able to capitalise after a free-kick from Jade Bailey.

Blackburn halved the deficit in the 16th minute with Ellie Stewart tucking away a penalty.

However, Liverpool replied in quick succession with two goals in three minutes, with Babajide grabbing her second and Charles slotting home a cool a finish at the back post.

Fifteen minutes into the second half, Babajide fired a low shot past the keeper to complete her hat-trick, before netting again two minutes before the end.

Liverpool went on to score two more in added time through Kirsty Linnett and an own goal from a Babajide cross. 

Arsenal celebrate Katie McCabe's goal

Arsenal bounced back from last week's heavy league defeat to beat West Ham 2-0 at Rush Green.

There were questions after the 4-1 loss to Chelsea, but goals from Ireland midfielder Katie McCabe and Lia Walti provided the answers against last season's finalists.

Both teams started cagily, but the Gunners took the advantage in the 15th minute when captain Kim Little drove through the West Ham defence and found McCabe on the edge of the box, who showed quick feet to curl the ball into to the top right hand corner.

Little nearly made it 2-0 on 20 minutes but her shot was well saved by goalkeeper Courtney Brosnan.

After the break, West Ham started brighter looking for an equaliser. However Arsenal made the game safe when Walti volleyed in a Beth Mead corner after 73 minutes. 

Chloe Kelly of Everton battles for possession with Ellie Wilson

Inessa Kaagman's goal helped Everton beat London Bees 1-0 as they joined their neighbours in the next round.

The hosts were quick to pile on the pressure, working Bees keeper Sarah Quantrill, who ensured her side stayed in the game in the first half with a succession of fine saves.

However, after creating countless chances for 45 minutes, the Blues were able to claim a goal with a stunning long-range strike from Holland international Kaagman on the brink of half-time.

In the second half, Everton picked up where they left off but Chloe Kelly's 48th-minute header was ruled out for offside. 

Birmingham claimed a  3-0 victory over Sheffield United at the Proact Stadium thanks in no small part to another Irish international.

Harriet Scott scored two and Lucy Staniforth the other as the WSL side overcame the Championship high-flyers.

Scott, the FAI Women's International Player of the Year in 2018, broke the deadlock in the 55th minute when she headed in Staniforth's cross.

Just four minutes later it was Staniforth's turn to get on the scoresheet when her shot hit the underside of the bar and past goalkeeper Emily Ramsey.

Scott grabbed her second in stoppage time with another header, this time from a Sarah Mayling cross. 

Tottenham ended Barnsley's historic run in the cup with a convincing 5-0 victory at The Hive.

Rianna Dean struck twice with Siri Worm, Gemma Davison and Elisha Sulola also on the scoresheet to see off fourth-tier Barnsley, who were enjoying their best season in the competition.

Alice Griffiths of Charlton Athletic holds off Emily Murphy

Chelsea's 4-0 victory at Charlton continued their impressive unbeaten run this season.

Two goals apiece for Drew Spence and Emily Murphy at the Oakwood saw the Blues sail through to the next round of the competition.

The Addicks defended well with goalkeeper Katie Startup saving a string of shots in the first 40 minutes only to go 1-0 down before half-time courtesy of a clinical strike from Spence.

Murphy made it 2-0 for the Blues in the 46th minute. The 16-year-old striker scored a tap-in on the rebound as her initial shot was saved by Startup.

Spence  sealed the game for Emma Hayes' side 10 minutes into the second half, calmly slotting home a penalty which was awarded for Grace Coombs' foul on Charlotte Fleming.

Murphy scored her second goal from close-range with six minutes remaining.  

Fara Williams scored twice as Reading eased into the next round with an emphatic 5-0 success at Championship club London City Lionesses.

Royals midfielder Williams, who celebrated her 36th birthday on Saturday, slotted home the early opener, before fellow England international Jo Potter headed in from a corner to double the advantage.

The hosts, fourth in the second tier, offered little in response and fell further behind just before half-time when defender Mayumi Pacheco finished on the rebound after Williams struck the crossbar.

Norwegian forward Lisa-Marie Utland poked in the visitors' fourth from close range and, after Freda Ayisi missed a penalty for the Lionesses, Williams completed the scoring by successfully converting a spot-kick.

Teenager Katie Robinson scored the winning goal in extra time as Bristol City defeated Durham 1-0.

The 17-year-old, a second-half substitute, struck in the 103rd minute at Stoke Gifford Stadium as the Women's Super League strugglers eventually saw off the challenge of the Championship high-flyers.