Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Darren Randolph missed Middlesbrough's goalless Championship draw with Huddersfield tonight due to a thigh strain, which will concern Ireland boss Mick McCarthy ahead of next month's clash with Denmark.

Boro manager Jonathan Woodgate told the Hartlepool Mail that he was unsure how long Randolph would be out for, less than four weeks before the Euro 2020 qualifying finale.

The Bray man was replaced in goal by debutant Aynsley Pears, son of former club stalwart Stephen, who kept a clean sheet as Middlesbrough were held 0-0 at Huddersfield.

The struggling Teessiders have won just twice in 14 games in all competitions this term, to leave former England defender Woodgate feeling the heat in his first managerial role. Ireland assistant coach Robbie Keane is Woodgate's assistant manager.

Huddersfield have now gone five games unbeaten under new boss Danny Cowley and went close to winning it when leading scorer Karlan Grant headed over from close range.

Aleksandar Mitrovic moved to the top of the scoring charts with a hat-trick in Fulham's 3-2 win at home to Luton.

The Serbia striker now has 11 goals in 13 games as Luton's good work at Craven Cottage counted for nothing.

Dan Potts and Kazenga LuaLua twice pulled Luton within a goal of their hosts, Mitrovic having put Fulham 2-0 ahead either side of the break.

But the Hatters ultimately left empty-handed as Fulham climbed into seventh place. Fulham are level on points with Preston, who are above them on goal difference.

Republic of Ireland forward James Collins started for Luton and twice went close to his 50th goal for the club. 

Josh Brownhill scored a dramatic winner in the eighth minute of stoppage time as 10-man Bristol City beat Charlton 2-1 at Ashton Gate.

The Robins bounced back from only their second defeat of the season at Luton on Saturday to move in to fourth place - three points off leaders West Brom.

Charlton had taken a 65th-minute lead when Macauley Bonne slid home from a tight angle.

Bristol City levelled when Famara Diedhiou (76) headed home, but the substitute was shown a straight red card four minutes from time for kicking out at Jason Pearce while the Charlton defender was on the floor.

But Brownhill settled matters in a frantic finish when drilling home Kasey Palmer's lofted pass.

Josh Magennis scored and was sent off as Hull condemned Nottingham Forest to consecutive defeats with a 2-1 win at the City Ground.

Jon Toral created both goals on his first league start for 17 months, with Magennis and Jarrod Bowen netting.
Matty Cash pulled one back for the promotion-chasing hosts before Magennis saw red.

But Forest were unable to force an equaliser - although they were denied what looked a clear penalty when Reece Burke brought down Sammy Ameobi.

Derby beat unlucky Wigan 1-0 as Graeme Shinnie struck a stoppage-time winner.

The Rams were short of ideas until Shinnie popped up to drive home an unstoppable shot from 15 yards, his first goal for eight months.