Two men have been arrested over alleged racist abuse of players at the clash between Haringey Borough and Yeovil Town on Saturday.

The FA Cup qualifier was abandoned following racist abuse which prompted players from both sides to walk off in the 64th minute.

Haringey manager Tom Loizou alleged that defender Coby Rowe had suffered racist abuse and goalkeeper Douglas Pajetat was also said to have been spat at and had missiles thrown at him.

Players from both teams in the fourth-qualifying-round match at Coles Park were led off by their managers after the abuse and made a decision not to finish the match, shortly after Yeovil had gained a 1-0 lead.

The game will be replayed in its entirety next week.

Two men, aged 23 and 26, were arrested in Chard and Yeovil on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault. Both are in custody at a Somerset police station.

Metropolitan Police officers are leading the investigation with the help of Avon and Somerset Police.

The English Football Association has launched an investigation and both Haringey and Yeovil have said they will co-operate with the authorities.

The FA said it is "deeply concerned" about the allegation and is looking into the incident "as a matter of urgency".

It is thought that Saturday's incident was the first time a match at such a senior level has been abandoned due to racism.

The alleged incident occurred just five days after England's Euro 2020 qualifier in Bulgaria was halted twice as fans were warned about racist behaviour.

Meanwhile, Manchester United ejected a fan from Old Trafford at Sunday's Premier League clash with Liverpool over alleged racial abuse.

United say they are investigating the matter as a priority, and the police have been informed.

A United spokesman said: "We are aware of an incident at yesterday's game where an individual in the home section has allegedly engaged in racial abuse.

"The individual was identified and ejected from the stadium. We are currently investigating the matter as a priority.

"Racism and all forms of discrimination are completely unacceptable and do not reflect the values of our club."

It is understood the incident could lead to an indefinite ban.

Serbia have been ordered to play their Euro 2020 qualifier against Luxembourg next month behind closed doors because of racist behaviour by supporters.

The Football Association of Serbia was charged with a series of offences surrounding September's 4-2 defeat by Portugal in Belgrade, and now UEFA's control, ethics and disciplinary body has handed down a two-match ban on spectators, the second of which is suspended for a 12-month probationary period.

The Serbian FA has also been fined a total of €33,250 for pitch invasions by spectators, the use of fireworks, "illicit chants" and a late kick-off, for which coach Ljubisa Tumbakovic has also received a warning.