Cork City bounced back from their Premier Division defeat to Dundalk last week with a thumping 4-1 win over local rivals Cobh in the EA Cup second round at Turner’s Cross.

City went in leading 1-0 at the break thanks to a James Tilley effort on 37 minutes, though the floodgates really opened in the second half with goals from Liam Nash, Gary Comerford and Darragh Crowley.

Denzil Fernandes got a consolation on 77 minutes for Ramblers.

We need your consent to load this SoundCloud contentWe use SoundCloud to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences

League champions Dundalk continued their winning ways with a 2-1 victory over St Patrick’s Athletic at Richmond Park, all of the goals coming in the first half.

Georgie Kelly opened the scoring for the visitors after just five minutes but James Doona levelled shortly after. Dean Jarvis got the winner not long after the half-hour mark.

Bohemians enjoyed a 2-1 win over Cabinteely at Dalymount Park. The visitors, chasing promotion from the First Division, took the lead through Luke Clucas on 34 minutes.

Ryan Graydon levelled affairs shortly before the hour and then Sam Byrne slid home the winner from the penalty spot.

Waterford knocked Galway United out Cup with a 2-1 win at the RSC. Dean Walsh got the Blues’ first on 32 minutes before Jeff McGowan drew the Tribesmen level on 57.

Parity didn’t even last ten minutes though with Cory Galvin scoring the decisive goal for the home team.

The game at the Carlisle Grounds between Bray Wanderers and Shamrock Rovers finished 0-0 but the hosts won through 4-2 on penalties, Dylan Barnett scoring the decisive spot kick. 

Finn Harps overcame Sligo Rovers after extra-time at Finn Park. 

Mark Coyle looked to have given the Donegal side a late win when he scored in the 87th minute. However, Rovers brought the game to extra-time with Dante Leverock's equaliser two minutes later. 

Stephen Doherty's goal five minutes into the first period of additional time decided the tie.