Wolves reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup for the first time since 2003 with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

Ivan Cavaleiro scored the only goal of the fifth-round tie in the 28th minute after being set up by Matt Doherty.


The influential Doherty also hit a post three minutes later after linking up superbly with Raul Jimenez, but one goal ultimately proved enough to end City's run of nine successive victories in all competitions.

Lee Johnson's side created numerous chances in the second half but found Wolves goalkeeper John Ruddy in good form, the 32-year-old tipping Bailey Wright's shot over the bar after 69 minutes and then saving Marlon Pack's effort from the resulting corner.

Ruddy also showed superb reactions to keep out Matt Taylor's close-range flick and even had to keep out a shot from opposite number Frank Fielding after the City goalkeeper came up for a corner in stoppage time.

Roy Hodgson equalled his best run in the FA Cup as his Crystal Palace side moved into the quarter-finals with a 2-0 win over League One Doncaster.

First-half goals from Jeffrey Schlupp and Max Meyer proved enough for Palace to win their fifth-round tie in Yorkshire.

Palace, the finalists in 2016, are one win away from a semi-final spot which would represent manager Hodgson's best return in the knockout competition.

There may have been comfort in the scoreline, but the Premier League side had to work hard for their victory.

Dan James inspired an amazing second-half comeback as Swansea reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup with a 4-1 victory over 10-man Brentford.

The Bees controlled the first half to deservedly lead thanks to Ollie Watkins' 28th-minute strike but Swansea equalised through goalkeeper Luke Daniels' own goal before James, Bersant Celina and George Byers found their way onto the scoresheet.

Brentford's misery was completed by the dismissal of Ezri Konsa and a yellow card for manager Thomas Frank following a touchline altercation with Swansea striker Oli McBurnie.