Matt Doherty scored the only goal as Wolves continued their fine start to the Premier League season against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park this afternoon. 

After a goalless opening half, the Republic of Ireland full-back struck the only goal after 56 minutes.  

In possession on the right wing, Doherty played a one-two with Jimenez to shake off Patrick van Aanholt and then, at the near post from a narrow angle, routinely finish beyond Hennessey and towards the far, bottom left corner.

The closest Palace came to an equalising goal was through substitute Max Meyer, unexpectedly replaced in their starting XI by Schlupp.

With a right-wing cross Andros Townsend found him just inside the area, and he connected well with a left-footed volley that forced Patricio into a fine, double save after the nearby Schlupp also reached the rebound and struck first-time towards goal.

Wolves substitute Ivan Cavaleiro threatened to double their lead when from close range he latched onto a loose, deflected ball to shoot against the crossbar, but they thereafter rarely looked at risk of conceding, and saw out a second successive defeat for Palace that left their hosts in 14th. 

Nuno Espirito Santo's side, back in the top flight for the first time since their relegation since 2011-12, have now risen to seventh place, with four wins, three draws and only a single loss in their opening eight games. 

Richarlison (C) after scoring for Everton 

Gylfi Sigurdsson's stunner earned Everton a deserved 2-1 win at 10-man Leicester.

The midfielder crashed in his fifth goal of the season from 25 yards as the Toffees picked up their second successive Premier League victory.

Richarlison opened the scoring at the King Power Stadium only for Ricardo Pereira to level just before half-time.

Everton took control after Wes Morgan's second-half dismissal, which was earned for collecting two yellow cards after fouls on Richarlison.

Claude Puel's Leicester were poor with James Maddison, celebrating an England call-up, rarely in the game and they were forced to play catch up after seven minutes.

Bernard skipped past two flimsy challenges from Pereira and Daniel Amartey and, when Kasper Schmeichel could only touch on his cross, Richarlison volleyed in from six yards.

The home side would level five minutes before the break. Sigurdsson's drive had deflected wide for a corner but the Toffees were caught on the break by Kelechi Iheanacho and Pereira.

The pair swapped passes inside the Leicester half and Pereira burst down the right to cut inside, easily beat the flailing Jonjoe Kenny and fired past Pickford.

However, on 63 minutes, they were down to ten men. Wes Morgan, already on a yellow card for tugging back Richarlison in the first half, collected his second booking after clattering the Brazil international from behind.

It was the captain's second red card of the season.

Schmeichel saved from Lucas Digne and Tom Davies but, after a period of Everton dominance, he had no chance with Sigurdsson's winner 13 minutes from time.

The midfielder collected Idrissa Gueye's pass and a quick turn away from Maddison allowed him to take a touch and unleash an unstoppable effort from 25 yards which flew into the top corner.

Eric Dier (C) fired Tottenham in front

A rare Eric Dier goal earned Tottenham a 1-0 victory over 10-man Cardiff, extending their winning run to three Premier League matches.

Spurs led after eight minutes. Kieran Trippier took a corner short, the ball was played back to him and he crossed.

Davinson Sanchez won the header and the ball became stuck under the feet of Joe Bennett as Dier showed a striker's instinct to thrash the ball in.

It was the England midfielder's first Tottenham goal since April 2017, when he scored twice in eight days.

Spurs should have led by more than just Dier's first club goal in 18 months before Cardiff had midfielder Joe Ralls sent off after 58 minutes at Wembley.

Ralls was dismissed for tripping Lucas Moura with the ball way out of reach.

Sean Morrison hit the post as Cardiff came close to an equaliser despite their numerical disadvantage, but the Bluebirds could not find a leveller and remain winless after eight games.

Bournemouth's David Brooks celebrates scoring in Bournemouth's impressive 4-0 win at Vicarage Road

Joshua King's 12-minute brace propelled Bournemouth to their biggest Premier League away win as they thrashed 10-man Watford 4-0 at Vicarage Road.

The Norway forward took his top-flight tally to four goals in eight games as Eddie Howe's side overwhelmed the stunned Hornets.

David Brooks and Callum Wilson also found the net as Bournemouth took full advantage of Christian Kabasele's red card for two bookings.

Kabasele walked for a second yellow when upending King in the Watford area, with the Cherries striker firing home the resulting penalty in the 33rd minute.

Belgium defender Kabasele had been fortunate to avoid a straight red card for a clumsy elbow to the head of Cherries goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, so could have precious few complaints on his eventual dismissal.

Bournemouth now boast 16 points from just eight league games this term - last season it took them 16 matches to reach the same margin.

Huddersfield Town's Christopher Schindler headed home the equaliser on 66 minutes at Turf Moor

Christopher Schindler scored his first Premier League goal to earn Huddersfield just their third point of the season at Burnley.

The Clarets were looking for their third victory in a row and took the lead in the 20th minute through Sam Vokes, who could face retrospective action from the Football Association for an elbow on Schindler.

Huddersfield had only scored three goals in their seven previous games and from more than 70 per cent possession in the first half they managed 10 shots, none of which were on target.

But they kept pushing in the second half and got their reward in the 66th minute when Schindler headed the equaliser, with the 1-1 draw enough to lift David Wagner's side off the bottom of the table.

Later on, the German was on the floor and needing lengthy treatment to a cut above his eye after taking first a naughty elbow from Vokes and then a shot in the face from Westwood. There was a significant amount of blood but Schindler was able to continue after a change of shirt.

The home fans were becoming frustrated by their team's failure to stamp any authority on the game and in the end were relieved to take a point after surviving eight minutes of injury time.