Arsene Wenger has formally denied that he has already been offered a contract by Ligue 1 champions Paris St Germain with the Arsenal boss still yet to announce whether he will be in charge at the Emirates Stadium next season.
The 67-year-old has kept the footballing world guessing if he will sign a new contract with the Gunners but declared after Saturday's 3-1 defeat at West Brom that he has made up his mind.
That loss at the Hawthorns was Arsenal's fourth in their last five Premier League games and they now sit sixth in the table.
Wenger has increasingly split the Arsenal fan-base with two protests organised before recent matches and two planes flown over the West Brom game carrying conflicting messages - one of support and one against any new deal being signed.
The Frenchman has previously said if he is to end his two-decade association with Arsenal he intends to manage elsewhere, with PSG the logical move given their wealth and the stuttering form under current coach Unai Emery.
But Wenger insists he has not already been approached by the Parisians, who were in Arsenal's Champions League group this season.
Once again using a now-popular phrase from United States president Donald Trump, Wenger told BeIN Sports: "It is a false rumour, that is what you call 'fake news'. I formally deny it, it is not true."