Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl has said a report claiming he has been lined up to replace Arsene Wenger as Arsenal manager was "well researched" and included a lot of truth.
Wenger has been at the Gunners' helm since September 1996, but is out of contract at the end of this season.
We need your consent to load this SoundCloud contentWe use SoundCloud to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
The Sun newspaper reported earlier this week that Arsenal had made contact with the 49-year-old Austrian, who has led promoted Leipzig to the top of the Bundesliga in his first season in charge, having previously guided Ingolstadt to their first top-flight campaign.
And Hasenhuttl did little to indicate such reports were not true when quizzed on the matter at his pre-match press conference on Friday, but did stress his commitment to finishing what he has started in Saxony.
"It was well researched and there was a lot in it which was true"
"The article didn't particularly damage my reputation," he said when questioned about the reports at a press conference.
"It was well researched and there was a lot in it which was true.
"I have certainly heard of far worse fates than to be lined up as the successor to the longest-serving coach in England."
Hasenhuttl has nevertheless distanced himself from moving to north London in the near future.
"I signed a three-year contract here in Leipzig and set myself the objective of developing this team further," he said.
"I am not interested in such rumours. We don't need to think much about it. I've found my luck here in Leipzig."