DR Congo 1-3 Ivory Coast 

Ivory Coast reached their second Africa Cup of Nations final in three years after claiming a comfortable 3-1 victory over DR Congo in Bata.

Beaten finalists in 2012, the Elephants will have the chance to go one better against either Ghana or hosts Equatorial Guinea this weekend after goals from Yaya Toure, Gervinho and Wilfried Kanon helped the 1992 winners to victory in their last-four clash on Wednesday.

Dieumerci Mbokani's penalty cancelled out Toure's opener and although DR Congo had several chances after falling 2-1 behind, their hopes receded late on.

The Leopards, two-time winners of the competition, could equal their best finish since last lifting the trophy in 1974 if they win the third place play-off.

They had the first big chance of the match as the ball fell for Jeremy Bokila, whose half-volley across goal from the left was palmed away by Sylvain Gbohouo, with Mbokani firing over with the follow-up.

But it was Ivory Coast who took the lead with the first proper sight at goal after 21 minutes.

Wilfried Bony was tackled just inside the area but the ball broke kindly for Toure to launch a bullet strike past DR Congo goalkeeper Robert Kidiaba.

But Florent Ibenge's men levelled almost immediately, having been awarded a penalty when Eric Bailly was adjudged to have deliberately handled an innocuous cross into the area.

It was a harsh call on the Villarreal defender but that did not stop Mbokani from squeezing home his spot-kick, despite Gbohouo guessing the right way.

Gervinho should have done better after planting a free header against the bar but the Roma forward made immediate amends to give Ivory Coast the lead once more after 41 minutes.

DR Congo lost the ball in midfield and the Ivorians stole forward, with Bony playing through Gervinho, who slotted a brilliant first-time effort across Kidiaba and into the net.

They were nearly pegged back again at the start of the second half but Gbohouo did well to parry away Yannick Bolasie's drilled effort.

The Crystal Palace winger then cut in from the left and waited for space before unleashing a shot, which was saved by the legs of Gbohouo.

At the other end, Toure's driving run took him into the area and although his shot from a tight angle was saved, the Manchester City powerhouse had a hand in his side's third after 71 minutes.

His corner to the near post was headed goalwards by Serge Aurier, whose flicked header was pushed out by Kidiaba only for Kanon to instinctively finish with his knee.

Gervinho was denied his second late on after failing in his attempt to lift the ball over Kidiaba, but it mattered little as Ivory Coast held on to move into the final on Sunday at the same venue.