Temur Ketsbaia's reign as Georgia coach looked to have ended after Poland romped to a 4-0 victory in their Euro 2016 Group D qualifier in Tbilisi.

Ketsbaia - who had spells in England with Newcastle and Wolves as well as playing for Scottish club Dundee - declared he would resign no matter what the final outcome at the Dinamo Arena, after just one win in their opening matches left Georgia with little hope of qualification.

Poland, though, remain very much on course for booking a place for the finals in France, having defeated World Cup winners Germany in their last outing.

The visitors made the breakthrough at the start of the second half, when Kamil Glik headed in from a corner, before two goals in as many minutes from Grzegorz Krychowiak and Sebastian Mila ended any hopes of a comeback.

Arkadiusz Milik added a fourth in stoppage time, which appeared to back up the post-match claim of Ketsbaia, appointed to the job in November 2009, that "Georgian football is dead".

After soaking up some pressure from the hosts, Poland were denied by the woodwork twice in quick succession.

First, on 17 minutes, Miliks shot from the edge of the penalty area came back off the post, with the follow-up from Kamil Grosicki also hitting the upright - much to the relief of Georgia goalkeeper Giorgi Loria.

Georgia fashioned a good opening on 26 minutes when a clever back heel by Levan Mchedlidze after a throw-in helped set up Alexander Kobakhidze for a sight of goal from just inside the box, but the Volyn midfielder blazed over.

Poland continued their dominance in the second half.

Robert Lewandowski's acrobatic effort was tipped away by Loria, before the visitors took the lead on 51 minutes.

A corner from the left was nodded back by Grzegorz Krychowiak and Glik headed it past Georgia midfielder Jaba Kankava on the line, who was afterwards booked for an attempted handball.

Lewandowski drilled the ball over, before Georgia started to get a foothold back into the match as Kankava dragged a 22-yard effort just wide past diving Poland goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny.

Poland, though, doubled their lead with 20 minutes left.

A deep free-kick from Maciej Rybus was flicked on by Glik towards the far post, where Krychowiak arrived to squeeze the ball past Loria.

It was soon 3-0 when Slask midfielder Mila curled in a superb 25-yard effort after a sublime touch from Lewandowski had killed the ball out on the right touchline.

Poland were denied by the woodwork once again on 83 minutes when Solomon Kvirkvelia's header bounced back off Poland forward Milik and struck the crossbar.

The Ajax forward, though, got on the scoresheet in stoppage time, when he swept the ball home after Lewandowski's angled shot was blocked.