Drogheda United, Bray Wanderers, Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, Finn Harps and Shelbourne all progress in the FAI Cup, but Tolka Rovers and College Corinthians will have to meet again following a 2-2 draw.

Bohemians 0-3 Drogheda United - Dalymount Park

The away side were quick out of the blocks in what looked like the tie of the night. Stephen Quigley latched on to a knock down from Peter Hynes and cracked a drive past Dean Delaney in the fourth minute to give Drogheda the lead. 

The Gypsies improved as the half wore on, and were twice unlucky not to regain parity as Drogs netminder Gabriel Sava spilled a free kick against his own post and Paul O’Connor cleared a Keith Buckley shot off the line.

Drogheda doubled their advantage however as Declan ‘Fabio’ O’Brien found the net in the 39th minute when he finished a Jason Marks’ cross past Delaney, and Mick Cook's side on balance, took a deserved 2-0 lead to the dressing room at the break.

Bohs showed more purpose in the early stages of the second half but O’Brian could have put the tie beyond doubt when his chip went narrowly over after 55 minutes. Kevin O’Leary could have narrowed the gap shortly after but his shot was neatly saved by Sava.

Philip Hand put the game beyond doubt in the 67th minute when he scored from a tight angle, with the aid of the underside of the crossbar.

Bray Wanderers 2-0 Mervue United - Carlisle Grounds

The evergreen Jason Byrne put Bray two up in a five minute spell midway through the first half. The twice-capped veteran opened the scoring with a header in the 20th minute, and five minutes later doubled the lead from the penalty spot following a foul on Ismahil Akinade by Mervue goalkeeper Conor Gleeson.

Indeed Byrne had several more chances to bag himself a first-half hat-trick, but the superior home side had to be content with a two-goal cushion at the interval.

The Seasiders continued their dominance after the break and Dave Webster should have extended their lead. Gleeson was much the busier keeper, although Tom King did have a chance to halve the deficit after 65 minutes but could only find the side netting.

Mervue battled hard but never really looked like getting back in the game as Bray comfortably went into the hat for the third round.

Phoenix FC 0-4 Dundalk - Oriel Park

Premier Division Dundalk proved too strong for their Leinster Senior League opponents, who had conceded home advantage for the tie.

Pat Hoban opened Dundalk’s account after only seven minutes with a neat header from a Dane Massey cross. Hoban doubled the advantage after 25 minutes when he got on the end of a Darren Meenan corner to nod past Tadhg Murphy.

Phoenix rarely threatened, and Dundalk’s John O’Sullivan was unlucky not to have increased the lead when twice coming close from the edge of the box.

The teams went in at the break with Dundalk holding a 3-0 lead, their third goal coming courtesy of Kurtis Byrne’s crisp finish after he latched onto a through ball from Richie Towell.

Stephen Kenny's side, with the game beyond doubt, dominated second-half possession without really creating a clear cut chance as the game meandered toward its inevitable conclusion.

Substitute Tiarnan Mulvenna rounding off the scoring in injury-time when he finished a Darren Meehan cross to the net.

Salthill Devon 0-2 Shamrock Rovers - Eamonn Deacy Park

Shamrock Rovers opened the brighter of the two sides, but failed to convert possession into chances due mainly to their tendency to gift possession cheaply to their opponents. Indeed it was Salthill that came closest to opening the scoring when Enda Curran rattled the crossbar from a 30-yard free kick after 35 minutes.

The Dublin side were the better team in a scoreless first-half, but Trevor Croly would have been rightly angry at their failure to hold onto possession.

The Hoops came out revitalised in the second-half, but their increased urgency was more than matched by an enthusiastic home side. It was, however, Rovers who struck first when substitute Billy Dennehy met a Karl Sheppard cross to put them 1-0 up on the hour mark.

The goal settled the visitors and they created several chances, but were not able to kill off the spirited Salthill challenge until super sub Dennehy netted for a second time with 10 minutes left.

Tolka Rovers 2-2 College Corinthians – Frank Cooke Park

Tolka Rovers of the Leinster Senior League and College Corinthians of the Munster Senior League met at Frank Cooke Park and it was the Leinster side that opened brightest and took the lead in the fifth minute.

Corinthians fought back and were level in the 19th minute through Ronan Stanton. Rufus Holmes put the Cork side in front after 30 minutes, and they took that 2-1 lead to the half-time break.

It was all square with 20 minutes remaining however as Jordan Nolan struck for an equaliser, and with neither side able to snatch a winner they will have to meet again. 

The replay will take place on Saturday 8 June in Corinthians Park with a 3pm start.

Finn Harps 2-1 Wexford Youths - Finn Park

The clubs had met in a league fixture at Ferrycarrig Park just last week which the home side won 2-1, but tonight the Wexford side had to make the long trip to Ballybofey.

Harps were the more impressive side early on, with Sean McCarron looking dangerous up front. Indeed it was all of 35 minutes before Youths had a meaningful shot at goal, but they should have taken the lead in the 43rd minute when Dean Broaders went one-on-one with Harps’ keeper Ciaran Gallagher. Gallagher saved his effort, and Brian Nolan’s follow-up was cleared off the line by Aaron O’Hagan.

The stalemate was finally broken 10 minutes into the second-half when defender Keith Cowan popped up at the back post to knock home a Gary Merritt delivery and put the home side in front.

Damien McNulty should have doubled the lead after 67 minutes but saw his goal bound header brilliantly saved by Graham Doyle.

It was 2-0 in the 79th minute as Sean McCarron blasted home from the spot after Shane Nolan was adjudged to have brought down Paul McVeigh.

That should have been that, but Wexford kept battling, and were rewarded when Eric Molloy rifled home a volley from a James Dermody cross with five minutes remaining to give the visitors hope.

However, it was not to be for Wexford and the Donegal outfit held on to progress.

Shelbourne 3-0 Bandon AFC - Tolka Park

Shels dominated possession in the early stages of this clash, but it was Bandon that should have opened the scoring when Brendan Cullen pulled his shot wide in the sixth minute.

The pressure finally told however and Dean Kelly gave the Dublin side the lead after 21 minutes when he found himself unmarked in the box to head home a Sean Brennan cross.

That was the only score of the opening period, and Bandon would have been happy to go to the break only a goal down.

Shelbourne continued to set the pace in the second-half, and Kelly was on target once more on 61 minutes after a neat bit of control in the box and a calm finish.

As the game wore on the hosts became even more dominant and had several chances to extend their lead. They had to wait until two minutes from time to score their third as substitute Mark Leech chipped Brendan Hurley to round off the scoring.