Sligo Rovers survived a late Alan Moore-inspired rally to secure a share of the spoils as they drew 1-1 with Shelbourne in this eircom Premier Division clash at The Showgrounds this evening. 

The home side fell behind against the run of play when Gary O'Neill headed home Stuart Byrne's free kick after seven minutes. 

Having already hit the woodwork, Rovers deservedly drew level when Conor O'Grady side-footed home from eight yards following a Fahrudin Kudozovic corner.
Substitute Moore turned the tide in Shels' favour, but despite hitting the woodwork through Jason Byrne and Moore in the dying minutes, they failed to find the breakthrough.

A bright start from the home side saw them force an early corner, from which Michael McNamara's effort brought a goal-line clearance from Owen Heary.

In the same passage of play, Keith Foy then drove a 30-yard shot off the crossbar as the home side signalled their intent to attack from the start. 

However, their early endeavour went unrewarded and the visitors took the lead against the run of play in the seventh minute when O'Neill headed home from six yards for his third goal in three games.
That setback could have unnerved lesser sides, and a resilient Rovers deservedly drew level eight minutes later when midfielder O'Grady was on hand to stroke home for his first goal of the season after Shels failed to clear their third corner of the match. 

Both sides exchanged a series of half chances in a first half that mostly belonged to Rovers, but the second half was all Shels' as they showed their impressive strength in depth to take control. 

Rovers began the second period with manager Sean Connor watching from the stands after remonstrating with referee Paul Tuite and fourth official Tony Kelly. 

After a balanced opening in which both defences were on top, Jason Byrne managed to escape the attentions of the whole Sligo defence from a Shels goal-kick, but he could only drag his shot wide of goalkeeper John O'Hara's goal. 

Fenlon decided to act and the summoning of Irish internationals Alan Moore and Glen Crowe from the bench, along with Jim Crawford, turned the complexion of the match as Rovers began to wilt. 
The changes quickly gave Shels the upper hand as they set about breaking down the Rovers rear-guard in search of a second goal. 

Only resolute defending by Sligo kept Shels at bay in the final quarter as the visitors came forward in waves, inspired by Moore. 

The best of these chances were created by the elusive Moore, firstly his ball in from a short corner on the right saw Jason Byrne head against the Rovers crossbar with less than five minutes to go.
That lucky escape was followed minutes later by a stunning Moore strike from outside the box that again came crashing back off the home crossbar. 

However, on the balance of play, a draw was a fair outcome to an entertaining contest in front of a sizeable crowd under Benbulben.  

Sligo Rovers: John O'Hara, Gavin Peers, Keith Foy, Michael McNamara, Liam Burns, Conor O'Grady, Adam Hughes, Fahrudin Kudozovic, Paul McTiernan, Matthew Judge (Sean Flannery 62), Gary Curran (Steve Feeney 79).

Shelbourne: Dean Delaney, Owen Heary, Dave Rogers, Jamie Harris, Sean Dillon, Ollie Cahill (Alan Moore 73), Stuart Byrne, Alan Reynolds (Jim Crawford 67), Liam Kearney, Jason Byrne, Gary O'Neill (Glen Crowe 76).