Leo Cullen was both pleased and relieved as Leinster overcame the disappointment of losing the Champions Cup final to secure the Pro 14 title, beating Glasgow at Celtic Park.

Leinster recorded back-to-back Pro 14 titles at Paradise, and head coach Cullen has been really impressed by the way his side responded to the European loss to Saracens earlier this month.

And while Cullen admitted that the Pro 14 final was not very pleasing on the eye, it proved very satisfying and rewarding for the entire Leinster organisation.

"The guys have really applied themselves well over the last few weeks and got over the disappointment of losing to Saracens, where we put so much into that game," said Cullen, speaking to RTE Sport’s Michael Corcoran following the match at Parkhead.

"The group is really, really tight, so when you have a disappointment, it is a real test of a team, so for the lads to be able to turn it around and put in a performance is very pleasing.

"In our minds, there are lots of things that we would have loved to have managed better in that [Saracens] game but I thought they turned it around last week with a huge game against Munster.

"It wasn’t the prettiest at times but the fellas got the job done.

"We’re pleased overall. The game itself was quite a scrappy affair. The conditions didn’t help, it made it quite difficult. And once you have the lead you just try to manage the game."

In testing, inclement conditions, Leinster had to fight back following Matt Fagerson’s early try, which put Glasgow seven points clear.

But two tries from Gary Ringrose and Cian Healy handed Leinster the lead with Cullen’s side taking a five-point advantage into the second half.

"It had a bit of everything," said Cullen.

"We had our chances early on and then Glasgow hit back and they got their noses in front first after we probably squandered a few chances.

"And then we have a sustained period of pressure where we looked a little bit stronger in that period coming up to half-time, but Glasgow looked dangerous the whole time."

Cullen’s game-plan for the second period was to manage the lead and it worked, as his side pushed three points further ahead, keeping Glasgow scoreless until the 75th minute.

"At the start of the second half, we just tried to manage the game in the right area when we had that five-point lead and the set pieces were going quite well at that stage.

"But then it got very messy for the last 25 minutes for whatever reasons, and it wasn’t managed that well, it was a bit of a mess, but again the conditions don’t help that.

"Glasgow got a bit of pressure on us at the end and obviously Rob [Kearney] gets yellow carded which could have been costly but you couldn’t fault the commitment of either team."

Grant Stewart would give the home side hope with a late try, taking advantage of the extra man, however, Leinster held on for a vital victory, which proved a major relief for Cullen watching on from the sidelines.

"We managed to keep Glasgow on their 22 for the last five-minute period and they eventually knocked the ball on which allowed us to run out the clock for the last 90 seconds.

"And then there was relief at the end so overall, I’m delighted."