Wales 17-26 Ireland

Ireland battled back in Wales to seal their first Under-20s Six Nations Grand Slam and first tournament win in nine years.

The hosts led 10-7 at the break and 17-14 with less than 10 minutes to play before replacement Colm Reilly got the crucial score and Thomas Clarkson put the icing on the cake late on.

The tournament trophy had already been secured but Ireland wanted to emulate the class of 2007, who completed a clean sweep in the last year that the competition was Under-21.

The hosts started the better in Colwyn Bay, centre Aneurin Owen finishing off a good move that Cai Evans converted.

It was starting to look like it might not be Ireland's night when the TMO twice ruled out tries by Noel McNamara's side and Evans added a penalty to stretch Wales' lead to 10-0.

However, in the 39th minute, Wales knocked on in the Irish 22 and a counter-attack was built on a break from Angus Kernohan and finished off - after a nifty sidestep - by Jonathan Wren. Ben Healy, a late replacement for Harry Byrne, converted to make the scoreboard considerably more appealing at half-time.

Jonathan Wren scores Ireland's first try

Ireland hit the front in the 47th minute when hooker Dylan Tierney-Martin was ruled not to have been tackled and got back on his feet to dash over and touch down. 

Healy again converted for 14-10 and shortly afterwards Evans missed a kickable penalty.

The pendulum then swung back the other way.

Centre Sean French burst through to set up Kernohan for a try but the TMO denied Ireland for a third time, calling a forward pass in the build-up.

It got worse just before the hour as Ryan Conbeer made a superb break and flanker Jac Morgan touched down under the posts to restore the Welsh lead.

Evans converted but subsequently missed another penalty effort from the halfway line and Kernohan had to defend brilliantly to stop another try in the 68th minute. 

The Slam dream was shaking before sub scrum-half Reilly, who hadn't even been in the 23 until an injury to Craig Casey in the warm-up, opportunistically scooped the ball up at a ruck and sprinted from the 10m line to put Ireland back in front.

Jake Flannery's conversion attempt hit the post but far from trying to hold out for the final six and a half minutes, Ireland attacked Wales again and Thomas Clarkson eventually barged over after sustained pressure. Flannery converted and the celebrations began.