Jonathan Sexton, Brian O'Driscoll (2), Jamie Heaslip and Tommy Bowe all scored tries as the Lions roared to victory in a nine-try 69-17 win against Western Force. 

But they were left sweating on an ankle injury suffered by prop Cian Healy.

The Leinster forward was carried off and taken to hospital for an X-ray, although initial reports were that he had sprained his ankle rather than anything more serious.

Healy's departure was the only setback for a Lions side far quicker in thought and deed than their spirited, but outclassed, opponents.

The tourists also ran in tries from Tom Croft, Mako Vunipola, Owen Farrell and Geoff Parling, while full-back Leigh Halfpenny produced a goalkicking masterclass.

Halfpenny, this year's Six Nations player of the tournament, booted all nine conversions - several from the touchline - and two penalties for 24 points and a 100% record.

The Force replied with touchdowns by forwards Richard Brown and Lachlan McCaffrey, while scrum-half Brett Sheehan converted both and landed a penalty, but they had no answer to some perpetual motion rugby by the tourists.

Captain O'Driscoll, on the first appearance of his fourth successive Lions tour, steered the ship majestically, but he had any number of willing workers alongside him, most notably the sublime Sexton and strong-running flanker Sean O'Brien.

It was just the start head coach Warren Gatland would have wanted to a nine-game Australian tour schedule highlighted by three Test match appointments with the Wallabies.

The Lions have already clocked up 128 points and 17 tries in two games, and the early signs are hugely encouraging for what awaits them during the next month.

The Lions, showing a completely changed line-up following last Saturday's victory over the Barbarians in Hong Kong, went ahead through an early Halfpenny penalty after Bowe sliced open Western Force's defence.

And Bowe's break proved a sign of things to come as the Lions relentlessly built pressure, with O'Brien proving a particularly effective link in terms of continuity.

The Force had their work cut out keeping a consistent defensive shape, and they were horribly outfoxed by Sexton when he danced his way over from 20 metres, beating three players in the process.

Halfpenny converted, only for the Force to find themselves immediately back in their 22 and play was briefly held up when referee Glen Jackson - the former Saracens fly-half - sought video assistance for alleged foul play.

An unnamed Force player claimed he had been bitten, but no evidence could be found despite the television match official reviewing play from a number of different angles.

It sparked the Force into action, though, and a committed counter-attack briefly shunted the Lions out of their rhythm, but they had no real problem successfully defending their line.

A Sheehan penalty eight minutes before half-time then opened the Force's account, before O'Driscoll claimed a well-worked touchdown and Croft also scored.

And the third quarter was one-way traffic with Heaslip powering over before Healy's replacement Vunipola touched down in the corner.

It was relentless by the Lions, and even though Brown's try momentarily knocked them out of their stride, they quickly surged back upfield to camp deep inside Western Force's 22.

The Force struggled to contain wave after wave of attacking red shirts, and their job was made even tougher midway through the half when centre Ed Stubbs was sin-binned for not rolling away from a ruck.

And Stubbs' poor discipline was immediately pushed when the Lions easily worked Bowe across for try number six, which Halfpenny again converted from the touchline that continued his remarkable show of accuracy.

The Lions were in no mood to take their foot off the accelerator, and further scores followed in quick succession for O'Driscoll and Farrell, although Croft's evening ended early when he left the action gingerly after a clash of heads with Brown.

Lions lock Alun-Wyn Jones received a late yellow card for a technical infringement, but his team were long home and hosed, ready to begin preparations for a far sterner encounter against Queensland Reds in Brisbane on Saturday.