Day two of the Cheltenham Festival will go ahead as planned after the track passed a precautionary inspection.

Officials had planned an 8am check and announced a contingency to postpone Wednesday's card until Saturday, as a forecast for high winds threatened the card.

However, course officials were able to give the go ahead at around 6.10am as conditions are not expected to be as bad as first feared.

Clerk of the course Simon Claisse said: "We're delighted the weather conditions have changed from the initial forecasts and the prospects of higher wind speeds and gusts have receded.

"We're looking forward too a fantastic day's racing on the Old Course with the feature race the Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase."