Willie Mullins is "anxious" to learn the outcome of a British Horseracing Authority investigation into alleged betting irregularities that reportedly concerns the withdrawal of Faugheen from the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
Mullins is neither involved in the investigation nor suspected of any wrongdoing, but confirmed that the BHA were earlier in the year looking "for certain dates and times" which are thought to be linked with a number of lay bets before the eight-year-old was taken out of the big race on March 15.
Faugheen's trainer announced on February 17 that the seven-times Grade One winner would not defend his Champion Hurdle crown after he had developed a sore suspensory ligament.
He had been an odds-on favourite to win the race, which was claimed by stablemate Annie Power, who was supplemented for the Champion Hurdle.
Annie Power had previously won at Punchestown on the same day the news of Faugheen's injury was confirmed by his trainer.
Mullins told the Irish Times: "I wasn't given specific details by the BHA but they were looking for certain dates and times and I did that.
"I'm as anxious to know what happened, if anything happened, as quickly as possible."
Mullins added that he not heard anything else about the alleged investigation until he was contacted at the weekend by the Sunday Times in Ireland.
The BHA said it was "policy not to comment on investigations or speculation surrounding potential investigations".