The Singapore Formula One Grand Prix has been cancelled for the second year in a row due to the Covid-19 pandemic, race organisers said in statement on Friday.
"To cancel the event for a second year is an incredibly difficult decision, but a necessary one in light of the prevailing restrictions for live events in Singapore," said Colin Syn, deputy chairman of Singapore GP Pte Ltd.
Singapore follows Canada off the calendar and is unlikely to be the last to fall victim of the pandemic with Japan, Brazil, Mexico and Australia all looking uncertain from the original list of 23 rounds.
Australia has already been rescheduled to November but travel to the country is heavily restricted.
Turkey, which had been due to replace Canada but was then also scrapped, would be a possible stand-in with talk also of China making a return and a second potential race in the United States.
Austin, Texas, is due to host the U.S. Grand Prix in late October but could step up with a double-header although there has also been speculation that Indianapolis is under consideration.