skip to main content

Formula1: Alesi injury adds to Prost woe's

French driver Jean Alesi, who was involved in a high-speed collision in Germany last weekend, could miss next week's Hungarian Formula One Grand Prix. Alesi's Prost team confirmed today that he had complained of feeling unwell after Sunday's race at Hockenheim, when his car spun fiercely after being hit by the Sauber of Brazilian Pedro Diniz.

Alesi was unhurt but was sick after the crash and said it was one of the biggest accidents of his 10-year Formula One career. "Jean is suffering a bit. It seems to be repercussions from the accident," a team spokeswoman said. "He needs time to rest and we will wait for his decision."

The spokeswoman said Alesi had been quoted by a French journalist earlier in the week as saying he might not be able to race in Budapest on August 13, but the team had not made any announcement and would wait for him to decide.

(REUTERS)

Read Next