Dublin found the answers in the second half to get the better of Antrim at a windy Corrigan Park and maintain their unbeaten start to 2022.

The Dubs scored their fourth victory in nine months over the Ulster side, but it was a much more uncomfortable occasion for them this time around as it took a Paul Crummey goal two minutes after Neil McManus brought Antrim to within one in the second period for the visitors to finally take a firm grip.

That's not to say they were in full control of this game and would have been much the happier side to have gone in at the break level as Antrim out-played them for long stretches, but the Dubs, who were without manager Mattie Kenny whose mother Annie passed away just hours before throw-in, had that extra bit of quality when the game was up for grabs.

While Conor Johnston kicked Antrim into a first minute lead, it was Dublin who were better to fully settle as their ability to dominate in the rucks and the air saw them get on the front foot and with a substantial wind at their backs, rattles off five points on the trot.

Fergal Whitely knocked over a brace, as did Dónal Burke from frees and when Danny Sutcliffe added another, it appeared this game was following the same pattern of recent meetings.

Antrim suddenly clicked with Conal Cunning and Neil McManus pointing in quick succession and after Keelan Molloy reduced the gap tone, the Saffrons hit the front as an inch-perfect ball from Eoghan Campbell found McManus in the left corner who turned James Madden and rifled to the net.

Points from Cunning and Niall McKenna followed with Antrim not the dominant force as Dublin's shooting went awry.

Niall McKenna of Antrim

Burke continued to carry the fight for the visitors who trailed by that goal in first half stoppage time when they were awarded a penalty as Paul Crummey was hauled down inside the area and Burke drilled the resultant award low to the net to leave the sides locked at 1-8 at the half as the rain poured in.

While Antrim were again first off the mark in the second period, Dublin began to turn the screw, outscoring the hosts by six points to two in the opening 15 minutes as they made the adjustments to snuff out the Antrim attack.

That's not to say the Saffrons were completely snuffed out as Alan Nolan was forced into a smart save from Conal Cunning, but could do nothing to keep a 51st minute Neil McManus penalty out that left just one between the teams.

However, the Dubs responded in perfect fashion as two minutes later, Eamon Dillon spun in from the left, played an inviting ball across goal and Paul Crummey was there to slam home.

Dublin were able to manage things from there on out as the pulled further clear with a range of scorers, while Neil McManus was left to carry the fight with points from frees, although three off-target would leave Antrim just too far behind in the final moments as they got to within four, but Dublin had their work done to claim victory.

Antrim: R Elliott; N O'Connor, G Walsh, S Rooney; P Burke (0-1), E Campbell, J Maskey; S Walsh, K Molloy (0-2); N McKenna (0-1), D Nugent, N McManus (2-7, 0-5 frees, 1-0 penalty, 0-1 65); S Elliott, C Johnston (0-1), C Cunning (0-2).

Subs: M Bradley for S Walsh (54), E O'Neil for D Nugent (54), J McNaughton (0-1 free) for C Johnston (54), D McKernan for K Molloy (69), D Kearney for N O'Connor (70)

Dublin: A Nolan; A Dunphy, E O'Donnell, C O'Callaghan; J Bellew (0-1), P Smyth, J Madden (0-1); C Crummey (0-1), C Burke; D Burke (1-9, 0-7 frees, 1-0 penalty), R McBride (0-1), D Sutcliffe (0-2); F Whitely (0-2), R Hayes, P Crummey

Subs: E Dillon (0-1) for R Hayes (45), J Malone (0-1) for R McBride (56), A Mellett for P Crummey (59), D Keogh for J Bellew (6), C Currie for F Whitely (70)