Westmeath made it three wins from three in Division 2A, with Kerry emerging as their nearest challengers.

Antrim failed to put a dent in the Lake County's early season form at Corrigan Park as the visitors ultimately prevailed by two points.

The sides were level three times in the opening half before Westmeath enjoyed a late scoring burst.

Niall Mitchell flicked the ball to the back of the Antrim net shortly after his introduction and points from Derek McNicholas and Allan Devine helped Joe Quaid’s side to a healthy six-point lead at the break.

A Keelan Molloy goal and a James McNaughton free was the perfect start to the half for the Saffrons. The gap hovered around the two-point mark for a lot of the half, though McNaughton’s free in injury time reduced the deficit to the bare minimum.

A superb McNicholas free late on sealed a hard-earned 1-17 to 1-15 win on the road.

Kerry are their nearest challengers after picking up their second win after coasting to an 18-point victory over Mayo at Austin Stack Park.

Daniel O’Carroll’s first-half goal and another in added time saw the Kingdom lead 2-12 to 0-03 at the interval and Mayo couldn’t muster a fight-back.

A Shane Boland point and a Daniel Collins goal rounded off the scoring on a comfortable winning scoreline of 3-17 to 0-09.

London remain pointless after coming a cropper away to Meath.

By the time the Exiles registered their third point of the afternoon in Trim, the Royals had already notched 1-06.

Fionn Ferguson goaled in the 34th minute as Meath led 2-13 to 0-5 at the interval.

Within 10 minutes of the resumption, the home side raised a third green flag while the Exiles were down to 14 players. Three goals in 13 minutes put a better gloss on the scoreline but Meath would run out 3-15 to 3-09 winners.


Derry enjoyed a two-point victory over Kildare at Newbridge in the top-of-the-table clash. The Lilywhites, with the aid of a considerable breeze, led by two points at the break, but the visitors took advantage of the conditions with Cormac O’Doherty’s frees crucial to their third successive win.

Down and Wicklow join Kildare on four points.

The Mourne men made a successful visit to Warwickshire to condemn the home side to their third successive defeat in 2B.

Down dominated proceedings from the off and, had their shooting been more accurate, would have enjoyed a greater interval advantage of 10 points, after Oisin McManus found the back of the net.

Warwickshire made a significant improvement on the scoreboard in the second half, with Willie Allen’s seven frees keeping them ticking over, but in truth were always kept at arm’s length by a Down side who emerged victorious, 1-16 to 0-11, for their second league win.

Jack Doyle starred for Wicklow as their long journey to Letterkenny proved a successful one in a 2-14 to 0-15 win over Donegal.

Goals from Jonathon O’Neill and Eoin McCormack laid the foundations for the win against a winless Donegal side who join Warwickshire at the bottom of the standings.


Cathal Dolan (0-06), Shane Curley and Padraig Kelly (0-03 apiece) were to the fore for Roscommon, who sit top of the pile in 3B after downing Armagh 0-18 to 1-11 at the Athletic Grounds.

In today’s other game in 3B, Monaghan claimed local bragging rights by inflicting Tyrone’s first defeat of the campaign.

A goal from Monaghan’s Mark Treanor ensured the sides entered the interval at Healy Park all square.

Stephen Lambe (Monaghan) and Bryan McGurk (Tyrone) found the net within the space of two second-half minutes and when the clock entered the red, just a point separated the sides.

However, a Cathal Power point and a second goal for Lambe sealed a 4-12 to 2-13 win.


Unbeaten Sligo and Cavan clashed in Scarden and it was an emphatic victory for the Yeats County, which sees them move to six points in 3B.

Aided by a strong breeze, Sligo found the back of the net in the opening minute. Indeed, by the time Cavan openend their account in the 26th minute with a Hugh Briody goal, the home side had already amassed 3-08.

Cavan began the second half 18 points adrift but, despite playing against the elements, Sligo would stretch that lead by another point by the time the full-time whistle was blown, running out 4-19 to 2-06 victors.

In the day’s other game, Longford condemned Leitrim to their third defeat on the bounce at Pearse Park.

The visitors trailed 0-06 to 0-07 at half-time, but goals from Cathal Mullane (penalty) and Cathal O’Donovan eased Longford to a 2-18 to 0-16 win.