Kilmacud Crokes 2-16 St Jude's 1-15 (Aet)

Sean McGrath came good in extra-time as Kilmacud Crokes bounced back from the brink to secure a sixth Dublin SHC title, overcoming ​St Jude's 2-16 to 1-15.

Hot favourites Crokes trailed by two points in normal time but conjured the scores to force an extra 20 minutes.

And they dominated in that added period with a match-winning 69th-minute McGrath goal, who shot 1-06 in total, to claim their second title in three seasons.

Their reward is a Leinster Club Championship clash with the Laois champions next weekend.

But first-time finalists St Jude’s can feel hard done by as they were the better side in the first hour and had a star man in teenager Fionn O Riain Broin.

He had a great battle with Dublin defender Niall Corcoran and shot 10 points overall, nine from frees.

Judes set the early pace too, moving 0-03 to 0-01 ahead and rarely trailing in normal time.

The sides were level at half-time on 0-05 apiece and twice more in the second-half.

Three Judes points in a row finally put daylight between the sides in a low-scoring contest.

It was poor from Crokes as they'd stormed to the final, winning all their games with plenty to spare.

They had plenty of county stars in their ranks too and were tipped for a more routine win in fine conditions.

They drew on all their experience to cancel out Judes' three-point lead almost instantly with a fine Ross O'Carroll goal.

Damien Kelly did all the spade work, offloading to O'Carroll who finished from close range to tie it up again.

But brave Judes continued to push hard and were two clear late on after points from Joseph McManus and O Riain Broin.

Crokes simply refused to accept defeat though and ensured extra-time with points from McGrath and Kelly, 1-11 to 0-14.

And it was Ollie Baker's boys who carried that momentum into the extra period. They effectively killed the contest with 1-02 to Judes' no score in the first-half of extra-time.

Dublin's Ryan O'Dwyer and wing-back Cian MacGabhann pointed before McGrath grabbed his goal.

It was a fine finish after a great catch and lay off by O'Carroll and Crokes would move seven clear.

The Stillorgan men led by 2-13 to 0-14 at half-time of extra-time and further points from Dillon Mulligan and McGrath stretched their lead to seven.

They needed the cushion too as Judes, typically, fought to the finish and grabbed a 77th-minute goal through midfielder Paul Maguire, who converted straight from a free.

Ronan Joyce notched a Judes score but O'Dwyer would have the final say for Crokes, blasting over a late score to seal a four-point success.

Kilmacud Crokes: M Collins, J Clinton, Rory O'Carroll, N Corcoran, C MacGabhann (0-01), J Doughan, B O'Carroll, D Mulligan (0-01), D Kelly (0-01), C Conway (0-01), R O'Dwyer (0-02), Ross O'Carroll (1-0), O O'Rorke (0-01), S McGrath (1-06, 5f), B O'Rorke (0-01).

Subs: J Sweeney (0-01) for O O'Rorke, J Burke (0-01) for Conway, R O'Loughlin for Rory O'Carroll, B O Leidhin for B O'Rorke. B Mulligan for B O'Carroll, C Clinton for D Mulligan, R Walsh for Kelly.

St Jude's: G Nolan, E McLoughlin, G McManus, C Mangan, R O'Brien, R Hardy, A O Beirne, P Maguire (1-00), N Mangan, R Joyce (0-01), D Sutcliffe (0-03), M McGuire, F O Riain Broin (0-10, 9f), T Devlin, J McManus (0-01).

Subs: J Ryan for McGuire, S Larkin for O'Brien, P Aylward for N Mangan, A McGovern for McManus.

Referee: D Harrington (Naomh Mearnog).