A vintage display from captain Ollie Canning helped Portumna to their fourth All-Ireland senior club title in nine years after a 0-19 to 0-11 triumph over Mount Leinster Rangers at Croke Park.

After a bright start, which saw the Carlow champions lead by 0-03 to 0-01, Portumna out muscled their opponents as 10 points from Joe Canning and three excellent points from his older brother Ollie saw the Galway men over the line. Mount Leinster Rangers had Edward Coady sent off two minutes from time.

With Edward Byrne proving a thorn in Portumna's side early on, Mount Leinster Rangers deservedly held a two-point advantage after nine minutes play. Six points in a row between the 10th and 20th minutes, though, proved key to Portumna’s victory.

Joe Canning – who once again started at midfield for Portumna – missed a simple first-minute free, but he soon found his range for the Galway champions and hit five points before the break.

But the real foundation of the Portumna win came in their half-forward line, where Kevin Hayes, Damien Hayes and Ollie Canning were outstanding. All three hit points in that impressive 10-minute spell, and despite Denis Murphy keeping Mount Leinster Rangers in touch from dead balls, Portumna led by 0-09 to 0-05 at the break.

After the restart Paul Coady came to the fore for the Carlow men, and his 31st-minute point trimmed Portumna's lead to three points. And after Murphy slotted a 34th-minute free, Portumna responded in style with points from Ollie and Joe Canning, before Ronan O'Meara hit his first to open out a six-point lead.

Paul Coady continued to keep Mount Leinster Rangers in with a chance of a first All-Ireland title, but every time they pegged Portumna back, the Galway champions hit back immediately.

Just five points separated the sides with four minutes remaining, but a straight red card for Edward Coady and three late frees from Joe Canning – including one awarded by HawkEye – clinched the eight-point victory and the Tommy Moore Cup for Portumna.

Portumna: J Keane; C O'Hare, E McEntee, G Heagney; P Smith, M Dolphin, E Lynch; L Smith, J Canning (0-10, 0-08f); K Hayes (0-02), D Hayes (0-03), O Canning (0-03); R O'Meara (0-01), N Hayes, A Smith.

Subs: O Treacy for P Smith (44mins), N Dolphin for N Hayes (46mins), O Royston for O'Meara (60mins).

Mount Leinster Rangers: F Foley; M Doyle, G Doyle, G Kelly; Diarmuid Byrne, R Coady, E Coady; Derek Byrne, P Nolan; P Coady (0-03), E Byrne (0-01), D Phelan; D Murphy (0-05, 0-04f), J Coady (0-01), E Doyle.

Subs: H P O'Byrne (0-01) for J Coady (36 mins), J Murphy for Phelan (51mins), W Hickey for E Doyle (55mins), B Nolan for Derek Byrne (60mins), D Grennan for Diarmuid Byrne (61mins).

Referee: Barry Kelly (Westmeath).

All-Ireland Club SHC Final: As it happened