Cork have beaten Clare by eight points in this afternoon’s Munster SHC semi-final at the Gaelic Grounds, Limerick.

The Rebels are through to a first provincial decider since 2010 – and they’ll face Limerick in a Munster final for the first time since 1992 when the sides lock horns on 14 July.

That fixture is down for decision at the Gaelic Grounds – due to an existing home and away arrangement in place.

Clare led by 0-11 to 0-08 at half-time in front of 19,049 spectators but they were demolished by Jimmy Barry-Murphy's Cork in the second half.

Cork scored the final point of the first half via goalkeeper Anthony Nash’s long-range free, before they opened the second half in devastating fashion.

Eight points on the bounce saw Cork blitz Clare and a three-point deficit at halft time had become a five-point lead – 0-16 to 0-11.

Clare responded with their first point of the second half, scored by the impressive Padraic Collins, but the Banner County were heavily defeated after half-time.

Cork won the second half by 0-15 to 0-04 to score their first victory over Clare in 2013 – at the fourth attempt.

Davy Fitzgerald’s men had won an early season Waterford Crystal Cup tie before adding two victories in the National Hurling League, including a relegation playoff.

But Barry-Murphy is a wily championship campaigner and he had Cork well prepared for this fixture.

Cork started without injured duo Paudie O’Sullivan and Lorcán McLoughlin, with Pa Cronin fit enough to come off the bench in the second half.

During the course of an impressive display, five of Cork’s six starting forwards scored from play, while Jamie Coughlan knocked over a brace of scores after replacing Stephen Moylan.

And Cork are now unbeaten against Clare in the championship since 1998.

Cork finished the game with ten different players on the scoresheet as Allstar goalkeeper Nash notched two frees.

Nash also pulled off a couple of vital saves but Clare were wasteful in front of goal.

Tony Kelly’s fierce 20m free was blocked by Nash in the eighth minute and Clare should have netted two minutes later when Collins, scorer of five points, flashed a shot wide when well placed.

On other occasions, Clare could have benefited from a better touch and decision-making as Cork were content to plug away and keep the scoreboard ticking over as they played against the breeze in the opening half.

Three points adrift at the interval, the Rebels were right in there and they took full advantage after half-time with a clinical display of shooting.

CLARE: P Kelly; D O’Donovan, D McInerney, C Dillon; P O’Connor, P Donnellan, N O’Connell, C Galvin (0-02); J Conlon, T Kelly (0-01), C Ryan (0-02, 1f, 1 65); C McGrath (0-02), D Honan (0-02), P Collins (0-05).

Subs: A Cunningham for Conlon (20), F Lynch for Ryan (44), S Morey for O’Connell (55), S O’Donnell (0-01) for McGrath (61).

CORK: A Nash (0-2f); C O’Sullivan, S McDonnell, B Murphy; S O’Neill, C Joyce, W Egan (0-01); T Kenny, D Kearney (0-01); S Harnedy (0-03), C McCarthy (0-01), C Lehane (0-02); L O’Farrell (0-02), P Horgan (0-08, 5f), S Moylan.

Subs: J Coughlan (0-02) for Moylan (32), P Cronin (0-01) for McCarthy (62).

Referee: B Kelly (Westmeath).

Scorers for Clare: P Collins 0-05, D Honan, C Ryan (1f, 1 65), C Galvin & C McGrath 0-02 each, T Kelly & S O’Donnell 0-01 each.

Scorers for Cork: P Horgan 0-08 (5f), S Harnedy 0-03, A Nash (2f), C Lehane, L O’Farrell & J Coughlan 0-02 each, W Egan, D Kearney, C McCarthy & P Cronin 0-01 each.