Warwickshire triumphed in the Lory Meagher Cup final with stylish attacking display at Croke Park to beat Longford by 2-16 to 0-10.

Enda Lyons grabbed a 22nd minute goal and Sean Hennessey struck accurately frees as the Exiles built up a 1-9 to 0-8 interval lead.

Eoin Donellan scored all but two of Longford’s total, and the dominant Birmingham men dominated the second half with a six points tally for Hennessey and a late goal from centre back Eamon Gleeson, whose long-range effort was fumbled into the net.  

Warwickshire raced into a 0-5 to 0-1 by the sixth minute, with Enda Lyons hitting two neat points from play, and scores also coming from Patrick Dugan, Michael Bermingham and Sean Hennessey.

Goalkeeper Eanna Daly converted a long range free as Longford clawed their way tentatively into the game Eoin Donnellan also nailing a couple of placed balls.

But the Exiles always carried the greater attacking threat, and Patrick Dugan was denied a goal when his angled shot was deflected out for a ’65, which Hennessey planted between the posts.

But Warwickshire did strike for a goal in the 22nd minute, Lyons spotting a series of gaps in the opposition defence as he waved his way through before striking firmly past Daly.

Longford were guilty of some wayward shooting, but fought back with three more frees from Donnellan and a couple of Joe O’Brien efforts.

Hurling’s first brush with Hawkeye came on the half-hour when an umpire flagged a point from a Hennessey ’65, but the technology ruled otherwise and the score was disallowed.

Warwickshire led by 1-9 to 0-7 at the interval, and missed a series of chances early in the second half as they continued to press forward.

They crafted another goal chance, but Daly produced a brilliant save to deny Hennessey.

The Longford attack, starved of possession and living off scraps, registered just two scores in the second half, both from Donnellan frees

The men from Birmingham continued to press forward with conviction, with Hennessy and Alan Morrissey adding to their tally.

And they put the result beyond doubt when centre back Eamon Gleeson sent in a long range punt, which goalkeeper Daly failed to hold, and the ball finished in the net.

Warwickshire: T Goulding, B Bermingham, L Knocker, C Brough, C Maskey (0-1), E Gleeson (1-0), D Kennedy, M Bermingham (0-2), C Robbins (0-1), S Hennessey (0-6, 3f, 2 ’65), A O’Neill, C Behan, E Lyons (1-3), P Duggan (0-2), A Morrissey (0-1).

Subs: E O’Brien for O’Neill, E McCabe for Robbins, S Wallace for Kennedy (blood), Kennedy for M Bermingham, D Sheedy for Behan, D Kelly for Morrissey

Longford: E Daly (0-1, f), P McGarry, T Stakem, B Stakem, C Egan, T Roche, D Corcoran, C Finucane, R Donnellan, E Donnellan (0-7 (6f), K Connelly, D Tanner, K Murray, J Newman, J O’Brien (0-2).

Subs: M Coyle for R Donnellan, M Farrell for Newman, K Cox for Corcoran, R Breslin for Murray

Referee: L McAuley (Antrim).