Mayo and Kildare will meet in this year's Christy Ring Cup final after the Connacht side earned a 2-23 to 2-18 win over Derry in Castlebar.

It marks a fine turnaround for Mayo who started the campaign with a 0-11 to 5-26 defeat to Kildare in Ballina.

The opening exchanges were even but Mayo created a bit of daylight thanks to Joe Mooney’s goal and they led 1-07 to 0-05 midway through the first half.

The Ulster side struck back with a goal of their own from John Mullan and the deficit was four at the break as Mayo led 1-12 to 1-08.

Mayo captain Shane Boland, who finished with a dozen points, was keeping Derry at arm’s length with his scores, and when Kenny Feeney put Mayo 2-16 to 1-13 ahead in the 57th minute it looked like it would be Mayo’s day.

The gap remained six points with four minutes remaining, but the visitors struck for 1-02 - Odhran McKeever with their goal – to get within a point.

They wouldn’t score again though and Mayo would tag on four points with Boland and Mooney among their scorers to set up a first-ever Chirsty Ring final appearance.

Kildare will carry a 100% winning record into that Croke Park clash after finally seeing off a stubborn Sligo to earn a 2-23 to 2-14 win in Newbridge.

With the Lilywhites already assured of a final spot, David Herity made a number of changes to his side and that maybe led to their slow start as Andy Kilcullen and Gerard O’Kelly-Lynch put Sligo into an early lead.

Brian Byrne scored a number of long-range frees for Kildare

Kildare hit eight of the next nine scores though with Mark Delaney’s goal helping them into a 1-07 to 0-03 lead after 20 minutes.

The gap remained seven at the break with Brian Byrne landing a number of long-range frees to give the hosts a 1-12 to 0-08 lead.

Sligo got back into it with a Tomás Cawley goal to open the second-half scoring and Kilcullen would follow up with another goal with another two points tagged on by the away side to leave just four points in it.

A Kevin O’Kennedy black card halted their momentum though and Shane Ryan quickly followed up with a Kildare goal.

Wicklow will play Nickey Rackard hurling in 2023 as they suffered their fifth straight loss following a 1-29 to 2-16 loss to London in Ruislip.

London have five points on the board by the time Seanie Germaine managed to get Wicklow off the mark before a goal got them to within a point. Jack Goulding responded with one for the Exiles to leave London 1-14 to 1-08 ahead at the break.

London continued to tag on the points in the second half and although Wicklow netted a second major late on, the game was already over as a contest.

Tyrone overcame Donegal in a decisive clash in Omagh, booking their Nickey Rackard Cup final spot.

Damien Casey's goal was the most significant score of the first half as the hosts built up a six point advantage. The lead was whittled down in the second half, Richie Ryan levelling the encounter with eight minutes remaining but Tyrone finished strongest, tagging on four points in the closing stages to win 1-23 to 1-19.

In the decider, they'll meet Roscommon, who won by 13 points away to Fermanagh, winding up in top spot with four wins and a draw from their five games.

Goals from Eoin Fitzgerald, Adam Donnelly and Cathal Dillon saw Roscommon home with a minimum of fuss in Brewster Park.

Warwickshire's relegation to Lory Meagher was confirmed with an eleven point loss at home to Armagh in Páirc na hÉireann, the visitors registering their second successive win of the campaign, having defeated Fermanagh last weekend.

In the Lory Meagher Cup, Louth earned an important win over Leitrim to book a final spot with Longford.

The Wee County’s 2-18 to 2-16 win in Ballinamore denied their opponents a spot in next week’s decider.

Louth started the stronger and were four points to the good before James McNabola goaled for Leitrim.

The sides were level at the break, Darren Geoghegan’s free-taking doing the damage for Louth – and his goal 13 minutes into the second period had them 1-15 to 1-09 ahead.

Darren Geoghegan scored a crucial goal for Louth

A goal from Brendan Delaney and good shooting from Gavin O’Hagan brought Leitrim right back into it though, but Jamie McDonnell’s fortunate goal for Louth would ultimately settle it.

Longford needed a result in Cavan to earn their final spot and they delivered on that with a 0-27 to 2-14 win.

Cavan raced into a 0-04 to 0-00 lead with Canice Maher helping himself to a brace of points, but Joe O’Brien and Paddy Lynam settled things down with some good scores to help Longford into a 0-10 to 0-09 half-time lead.

O’Brien hit two more on the resumption with Cathal Mullane doing likewise, Lynam and Cian Kavanagh efforts had Longford seven ahead.

The away side continued to turn the screw meaning late Cavan goals from Maher and Rory Farrell mattered little.

Monaghan won their fourth match following a 0-17 to 0-16 win over Lancashire in Inniskeen, although they are denied a final spot having been deducted four points for playing an ineligible player earlier in the campaign.

The Farney County hit the first four points of the game and with Luke McKenna and Declan Hughes finding their range they led 0-11 to 0-06 at the break with free-taker Danny Connolly keeping Lancashire in it.

A Stephen Tracey point had Lancashire level 18 minutes into the second half and scores from David Power and Darragh Carroll put them in a match-winning position, but McKenna responded before Shane Slevin grabbed a late winner for Monaghan.