Galway advanced to a Connacht final showdown with Roscommon as they eased to a 23-point win over Andy Moran's Leitrim at Pearse Stadium by 4-20 to 0-09.

The scoreline does scant justice to a Leitrim side who battled gamely for most of the opening half but they fell away when Galway got on top.

All four goals for Galway came from substitutes in the second-half as they built on their 0-12 to 0-05 interval lead.

Galway, having opted to take wind advantage, built up an interval lead of 0-12 to 0-05 after getting on top in the second quarter.

Leitrim, with Donal Wrynn particularly prominent, started well against the breeze and were clearly fired up for the task.

The sides were level three times in the opening 13 minutes as Leitrim pressed forward with some good running.

Wrynn levelled the match after five minutes after Cillian McDaid got the first of three excellent points from distance for the Tribesmen in the opening half.

Leitrim went in front for the only time when Ciaran Cullen, one of two late replacements, pointed after a good build-up.

And when Paul Conroy, who continued his fine form at midfield with a couple of points in the opening half, tied the game and Rob Finnerty put Galway back in front, Leitrim responded with a free from 25 metres by Ryan O'Rourke.

Conroy and McDaid started to get on top around the middle of the field and they outscored Leitrim by 0-06 to 0-01 in the next 15 minutes, with McDaid getting two of them, while Johnny Heaney, Shane Walsh, Finnerty and Patrick Kelly also finding the range.

Conor Dolan managed a fine point from 35 metres for Leitrim to stem the flow, while Ryan O’Rourke also pointed on the half hour.

But Galway finished the half strongly with Walsh kicking a couple of frees and Conroy got his second point of the match from a tight angle on the left.

Galway pulled clear three minutes after the restart when Patrick Kelly rifled the ball to the net after a free from distance from Walsh dropped short.

The sides twice exchanged points before Finnerty extended the lead with a good point to the left and then Kelly fisted home his second goal after good work by Walsh and Seán Kelly to lead by 2-15 to 0-07 after 52 minutes.

Niall Daly got their third goal eight minutes from time after a deflection off Riordan O’Rourke as the Tribesmen eased their way to victory with Owen Gallagher finding the net deep into injury-time.

Galway: Connor Gleeson; Liam Silke, Seán Kelly, Jack Glynn; Dylan McHugh, John Daly (0-01), Kieran Molloy; Paul Conroy (0-02), Cillian McDaid (0-03); Finnian Ó Laoí (0-01); Matthew Tierney (0-01), Johnny Heaney (0-01); Rob Finnerty (0-03, 0-01m), Damien Comer, Shane Walsh (0-06, 0-05f).

Substitutes: Johnny McGrath for Silke (blood 8-11), Patrick Kelly (2-01) for Ó Laoí (blood 28-36), Kelly for McHugh (36), Owen Gallagher (1-00) for Heaney (49), Niall Daly (1-00) for Tierney (50), Tommo Culhane for Comer (58), Dessie Conneely (0-01) for Conroy (60)

Leitrim: Brendan Flynn; Conor Reynolds, Paddy Maguire, Mark Diffley; Shane Quinn, Donal Casey, David Bruen; Donal Wrynn (0-01), Pearce Dolan; Conor Dolan (0-01), Mark Plunkett, Ciaran Cullen (0-01); Ryan O’Rourke (0-02, 0-01f), Shane Moran, Riordan O’Rourke (0-01m).

Substitutes: Tom Prior (0-01) for Cullen (33), Keith Beirne (0-02) for Moran (36), Dean McGovern for C Dolan (43), Cillian McGloin for Quinn (47), Evan Sweeney for Plunkett (58).

Referee: Paul Faloon (Down).