Holders Cork are back in the Eirgrid Munster U-20 Munster football final after a commanding second-half performance saw them ease past Limerick on a 2-15 to 0-05 scoreline in Ballyagran.

The Rebels were slow out of the blocks with a routine Emmet Rigter free putting Limerick 0-02 to 0-01 ahead in the 12th minute, and they only led by two points at the break, 0-06 to 0-04, with Ryan O'Donovan (0-03), Conor Hanlon (0-02) and Darragh O’Mahony grabbing the Cork scores.

Hanlon opened the second-half scoring just 13 seconds after the restart as his effort just made it over the bar, and when the resulting kick-out was thrown up for being too short, Cork worked the hopped ball to Hugh Murphy who calmly slotted home their first major of the game.

Cork’s third-quarter blitz continued when O’Donovan slotted home a penalty in the 37th minute after Limerick half-back Cormac Woulfe was adjudged to have pulled the jersey of Hanlon as he took aim at goal.

That left Cork 2-08 to 0-04 ahead and the contest essentially over, and they outscored their opponents 0-07 to 0-01 from there to comfortably book a provincial final date.

They will meet Kerry in the final after the Kingdom overcame a gallant Clare outfit to eventually win 1-11 to 0-08.

It was all going to plan for Kerry when the impressive Dylan Geaney put them 0-04 to 0-02 ahead after 16 minutes, but Clare would kick five points without reply to get their support dreaming of a first Munster final appearance since 2002.

Dylan Geaney scored a fine individual goal for Kerry

Their purple patch owed much to a real domination of Kerry kick-outs and scores from Thomas Meenaghan, Brendan Rouine, Sean McNamara and, at the start of the second half, Joe Rafferty had them 0-07 to 0-04 ahead and looking confident.

Kerry fought back though and two scores from Geaney and an effort from Kevin Goulding had them level before the game's only goal arrived midway through the second half.

Geaney had already been denied a three-pointer after dangerously cutting in front the right, but he mirrored that run again only this time he made no mistake with a low finish.

Cillian Burke tagged on two Kerry scores and Goulding edged them six clear before Clare's Rouine and Geaney exchanged scores in the closing stages.