Tipperary maximised four Wexford goalkeeping errors at Chadwicks Wexford Park to inject added momentum into their promotion push from Division 4 of the Allianz National Football League.

Despite Wexford dominating the first-half, their problems at the back meant they only managed to claw their way to a 0-11 to 3-01 interval advantage.

And a fourth Tipperary major within two minutes of the resumption afforded the Premier County sufficient cushion to hold out under considerable Wexford pressure to post back-to-back victories on manager David Power's return to his old stomping ground.

Tipperary exploited those Wexford deficiencies around the square to craft a 3-01 to 0-07 advantage by the 22nd minute.

The wind assisted home-side breezed 0-03 to no-score clear before being stung by the first goal - a cross from the left wing by Robbie Kiely being exploited to the maximum by captain Conor Sweeney as he fisted past Darragh Brooks, the ball-watching 'keeper.

And luck simply deserted Wexford three minutes later when Teddy Doyle plundered the second goal - tucking home a rebound after Sweeney’s initial effort was touched onto the crossbar by Brooks (2-00 to 0-03)

While the home-side recovered parity with the aid of a couple of Kevin O’Grady points, Tipperary reasserted scoreboard control by 3-1 to 0-7 when Brooks unwisely elected to punch instead of collecting a dropping ball and gifted Teddy Doyle a second personal goal.

The locals’ exemplary resilience saw them edge back in front by 0-11 to 3-01 at half-time courtesy of Mark Rossiter (free), John Tubritt, Dean O’Toole and Kevin O’Grady (free).

But they lost Páraic Hughes to a straight red card in injury-time arising from an off-the-ball incident.

And Wexford endured a further blow when Mikey O’Shea netted on the restart after forcing an initial save.

Numerical equilibrium was restored when Tipperary lost Teddy Doyle to a red card on 42 minutes while midfielder Mark Russell suffered a sin-binning shortly afterwards.

But Wexford were unable to bridge the gap – Tipperary full-back Jimmy Feehan deflecting a goal-bound effort from Martin O’Connor in the closing stages – as the Model County are left to contemplate another campaign in the basement division.

Tipperary: Michael O’Reilly; Shane O’Connell, Jimmy Feehan, Jack Harney; Bill Maher, Seán O’Connell, Robbie Kiely; Conal Kennedy (0-01), Mark Russell; Kevin Fahey, Jack Kennedy (0-02), Teddy Doyle (2-00); Mikey O’Shea (1-00), Conor Sweeney (capt., 1-01, 0-01 free), Seán O’Connor.

Subs: Martin Kehoe for Seán O’Connell (27), Cathal Deeley for O’Connor (49), Stephen Quirke for Russell (61), Tommy Maher for Fahey (62), Eanna McBride for J. Kennedy (70+2).

Wexford: Darragh Brooks (0-01 ‘45); Liam O’Connor, Eoin Porter, Martin O’Connor (capt.); Glen Malone (0-01), Naomhan Rossiter, Dylan Furlong; Niall Hughes, Liam Coleman; Alan Tobin, Páraic Hughes (0-01), Dean O’Toole (0-01); Kevin O’Grady (0-04, 1 free), John Tubritt (0-01), Mark Rossiter (0-04, 3 frees).

Subs: Seán Ryan for Tubritt (53), Conor Carty for Rossiter (61), Donal Shanley (0-02, 1 free) for O’Toole (61), Ben Brosnan for Rossiter (69), Eoghan Nolan for O’Grady (70+2).

Referee: John Hickey (Carlow).