Raharney (Westmeath) 0-15 Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin) 5-19

Ronan Hayes and Alex Considine both bagged a brace of goals as a well-drilled and physical powerful Kilmacud Crokes proved much too strong for Raharney in their AIB Leinster Club SHC quarter-final.

Alex Considine put the Dublin champions ahead after just 25 seconds and Dara Purcell doubled their advantage two minutes later with the first of his five-point tally.

As expected, Raharney were very reliant on Killian Doyle for scores and his three fine points from play had his team just a point in arrears (0-04 to 0-03) with 13 minutes elapsed.

In the 17th minute, corner-forward Eoin Keys bore down on goal and looked sure to score, but his batted attempt from point-blank range was saved by Eddie Gibbons.

Three minutes later, Hayes soloed through from the right wing and duly rifled an unstoppable shot to the roof of the net. This left Kilmacud ahead by 1-05 to 0-03 at the first water break.

Ronan Hayes top-scored for Kilmacud with 2-06

Hayes was proving to be a real handful for the Westmeath champions' defence and he cut through again - this time from the left wing - in the 23rd minute, giving Aaron McHugh no chance with another rasping shot.

Doyle’s accuracy from placed balls kept Raharney somewhat in touch, but they still trailed by 2-08 to 0-08 at the interval.

The second half was less than 20 seconds old when Considine fired home Kilmacud’s third goal. Raharney had a decent amount of possession at this juncture, but they dropped several balls short into the grateful hand of Gibbons.

With exactly 45 minutes on the clock, Considine doubled his goal haul from close range. The Metropolitans were four goals clear (4-12 to 0-12) at the second water break.

Doyle almost got a consolation goal for the home team in the 50th minute, but his deftly-flicked shot went narrowly over the crossbar.

Kieran Dowling emptied the winners’ bench in the closing stages and his side added a fortuitous fifth goal on the hour mark when Gibbons’ long-range free deceived all and sundry, the sliotar creeping into the net.

Kilmacud now face Clough-Ballacolla in the provincial semi-final.

Kilmacud Crokes: E Gibbons (1-00f); D Crowe, B O'Carroll, J Clinton; P Linehan, M Grogan, B Sheehy; O O’Rorke (0-01), D Mulligan; D Purcell (0-05), F Whitely (0-01), C Conway (0-03); L McMullan (0-01), R Hayes (2-06, 0-05f), A Considine (2-01).

Subs: M Howard (0-01) for Considine (46), C Ó Cathasaigh for Linehan (46), S Veale for Hayes (52), C MacGabhann for O’Carroll (52), F Ó Ceallaigh for O’Rorke (56).

Raharney: A McHugh; S Quinn, D Finn, C McKeogh; D Hickey, R Greville, M Glennon; C Boyle, E Cunneen (0-01); K Doyle (0-10, 6f, 1'65), J Boyle (0-01), R Keyes; E Ahearn (0-01), C Doyle (0-01), E Keyes (0-01).

Subs: J Goonery for R Keyes (36), D Weir for McKeogh (42), J Shaw for Ahearn (56), B McGrath for E Keyes (60), C Jordan for Glennon (60).

Referee: S Cleere (Kilkenny).