St Eunan's 1-04 Glen 0-08

First time Derry champions Glen Watty Grahams struggled to a one-point victory over St Eunan's at O'Donnell Park, Letterkenny.

St Eunan's have no one to blame but themselves, as they mixed up a kick-out in the 60th minute for Danny Tallon to kick the winner.

The Derry side were gradually getting on top but they struggled to get past a resolute St Eunan's defence, with Shaun Patton denying Conleth McGuckian from the penalty spot with four minutes left.

But a magnificent strike from corner-back Michael Warnock levelled matters before Tallon struck the winner.

Both sides had a player black carded in the second half, Conor Carville for Glen and Aaron Deeney in the final minutes, which was a factor in the win.

It was cat and mouse for the opening quarter, with the Derry champions having most of the possession but they found it hard to breach the 15-man St Eunan's defence.

Their only reward came from a Conor Glass 43-metre free on seven minutes. Glass was just wide from a '45' a minute earlier after Caolan Ward had cut out a dangerous move.

The game opened up just after the water break as St Eunan's struck for a goal as Padraig McGettigan got on the end of a good move to fist to the net.

Glen almost replied with a goal of their own, but Danny Tallon opted to fist over. Then Peter McEniff found Shane O'Donnell with a great pass for O'Donnell to mark and point on 26 minutes.

The sides traded two more points before the break with Danny Tallon pointing a free and Darragh Mulgrew driving through to hit the best point of the half.

The home side were the better side in this second quarter.

The second half was equally forgettable with Tallon getting a free for the winners and Padraig McGettigan almost getting a second goal on 46 minutes.

Tallon and Ciaran McFaul had big scores for the winners while Kieran Tobin scored for St Eunan's, before the only little bit of excitement from the game in the final minutes.

ST EUNAN'S: Shaun Patton; Conor Parke, Caolan Ward, Aaron Deeney; Kieran Tobin (0-01), Conor O'Donnell snr, Peter Devine; Darragh Mulgrew (0-01), Kevin Kealy; Eoin Dowling, Shane O'Donnell (0-01), Sean McVeigh; Padraig McGettigan (1-01), Niall O'Donnell, Peter McEniff.

Subs: Sean McGettigan for Kealy (52), Eoin McGeehin for P McGettigan (59), Conor O'Donnell Jnr for Dowling (60).

GLEN WATTY GRAHAMS: Conlann Bradley; Michael Warnock (0-01), Ryan Dougan, Conor Carville; Tiarnan Flanagan, Ciaran McFaul (0-01), Ethan Doherty; Conor Glass (0-01,f), Conor McDevitt; Eunan Mulholland, Jack Doherty, Conor Convery; Paul Gunning, Danny Tallon (0-05 3f), Conleth McGuckian.

Subs: Alex Doherty for Doherty (34), Cathal Mullholland for E Mulholland (47), Steve O'Hara for Gunning (55), Tiarnan Higgins for Conor Convery (63).

REFEREE: Sean Hurson (Tyrone)