Despite conceding two goals inside nine minutes, Cork's 28th Munster U-20 football title was secure by half-time as they completely dominated Tipperary in the final at Semple Stadium this evening.

The possibility of a shock loomed early on as outsiders Tipperary hit Cork with goals from Sean O'Connor Jamie Holloway for a 2-01 to 0-04 lead after 10 minutes.

Cork’s superiority in the air saw them control the contest and by the water break they led 0-10 to 2-03, David Buckley’s point nudging them in front.

A super goal by full-back Diarmuid Phelan following a 60-metre run in the 26th minute helped them to a 1-13 to 2-03 interval lead and had them well on the way to regaining the title last held in 2019.

Whatever slim chance Tipp had of redemption vanished after 36 minutes when sub Sean McDonnell struck Cork’s second goal.

The Premier County didn’t lack courage and in the 43rd minute Sean O'Connor pounced for their third goal, cutting the lead to seven points, 2-15 to 3-05, but before the water break Colin Walsh netted a third time as Cork forged a lead of 3-15 to 3-06.

The last quarter afforded both sides the opportunity to empty their benches, with Cork’s place in the All-Ireland semi-final already beyond doubt.

It was an impressive performance by Cork, with key players Diarmuid Phelan, Jack Cahalane, Colin Walsh, Dara Dorgan and man of the match David Buckley all in top form.

For Tipperary, the defeat marked a fourth Munster Championship exit in five days. They had no answer to Cork’s aerial dominance, despite the hard work of Tadhg Condon, Sean O'Connor, Conor Cadell, Jamie Duncan and Ryan Walsh.

Cork: G Creedon; C O'Donovan, D Phelan (1-00), C McGoldrick; A Walsh-Murphy, T Walsh, D Cashman; B Hayes, E Cooke; C Corbett (0-02),J Cahalane (0-01), N Hartnett; D Dorgan (0-03), C Walsh (1-03), D Buckley (0-10)

Subs: S McDonnell (1-00) for Corbett; N Lordan for O'Donovan; C O'Sullivan for Hayes; M O'Neill(0-01) for Dorgan; S O'Sullivan for Cooke

Tipperary: C Scully; S Daly, T Condon, B McKeown; E Butler (0-01), B O Connor, L Kennedy; C Deeley (0-02), K Grogan (0-03); C Cadell, R Walsh (0-02), J Holloway (1-00); J Kiely, B Comerford, S O'Connor (2-02)

Subs: J Duncan for McKeown; B Kehoe for B O'Connor; C English for Holloway; M Lyons for Comerford; K Costelloe for Walsh

Referee: B Griffin, Kerry