None of this Offaly team were born the last time the Faithful County won a provincial title at this grade, but the long wait since 1995 was ended in brilliant fashion in Portlaoise on Thursday evening.

Morgan Tynan and Jack Bryant kicked Offaly to a memorable 0-15 to 3-03 victory over a fancied Dublin this evening in the Under-20 Leinster football final.

It only took Offaly two minutes to get on the scoreboard, with a composed Morgan Tynan free nudging them ahead.

Dublin were dealt an early blow when Luke Murphy-Guinane's evening was cut short by injury inside the first five minutes.

It took a while for the Dubs to find their feet in a high octane game that never relented from the moment the first ball was thrown in.

Cathal Flynn and Fionn Murray both split the posts with fine scores before we were treated to the first goal of the game which went the way of the Boys in Blue.

The rampaging Lorcan Odell timed his run into the box perfectly as Luke Ward laid off the pass. Within seconds Odell had the ball in the back of the net after an unstoppable effort from close range.

Dublin were in front by three at the first water break despite Offaly enjoying most of the possession.

It could have been more but two bad Dublin wides from well within range by Mark Lavin and Fionn Murray left Offaly in touch.

The response from Offaly was superb as they rattled off the next four scores, and all from play. Morgan Tynan, Rory Egan, Bryant and Aaron Kelleghan all slotted for the Faithful men.

On the stroke of half-time, Dublin had the umpire reaching for the green flag once more with the goal coming at a crucial time and just as Offaly were starting to cruise. There was just a point between the sides at the break.

The hugely impressive Bryant had the Offaly fans on the edge of their seats early in the second half with two points inside the first three minutes of the second half to edge his side in front once more.

Dublin’s third goal of the evening came 10 minutes into the second half and it was Lavin with the effort this time to edge the Boys in Blue back in front.

It was all too easy as he strolled past Tynan and Ben Milist before blasting an unstoppable effort past Sean O’Toole in the Offaly goal to put Dublin back in front.

Substitute Keith O’Neill slotted a close-range free just before the final water break to leave the sides level once again heading into the final 15 minutes.

A brace of scores from Bryant and the composed Tynan put Offaly two to the good with just eight minutes left before a roving run from Cormac Kelly concluded with a lovely tap over the bar to put three between the sides.

Dublin, to their credit, didn’t throw in the towel and tried everything in the final minutes, from dropped balls into the box to runs at goal, but Offaly showed huge resilience and character to see the game out and record a historic victory.

Dublin: Jake Turley; Conor Tyrell, Adam Rafter, Ben Millist; Rory Dwyer, Adam Waddick, Mark L’Estrange; Senan Forker, Adam Fearon (0-01); Mark Lavin (1-0), Lorcan O’Dell (1-01), Luke Murphy-Guinane; Fionn Murray (1-01), Luke Swan, Luke Ward

Subs: David O’Dowd for Murphy-Guinane (2), Conor Chawke for Ward (46), Simon Murphy for Forker (53), Sean Guidan for Murray (59)

Offaly: Sean O’Toole; Fionn Dempsey, Tom Hyland, Lee Pearson; Rory Egan, John Furlong, Aaron Brazil; Ed Cullen, Morgan Tynan (0-4, 0-01 '45', 0-02f); Ciaran Egan, Cathal Flynn (0-01), Cathal Donoghue; Cormac Egan (0-02), Jack Bryant (0-06, 0-03f), Aaron Kellaghan (0-01)

Subs: Keith O’Neill (0-01f) for Ed Cullen (41), Cormac Daly for Aaron Kellaghan (50), Oissin Keenan Martin for Cormac Reilly (60)