Rising star Jordan Morris helped himself to 3-04 on a dream Championship debut for goal hungry Meath who powered past Wicklow and through to the Leinster SFC semi-finals.

Fresh from his 0-07 haul against Monaghan in the final round of the Allianz League, 20-year-old Morris oozed quality in Aughrim while Mathew Costello, another debutant, also netted and there were majors too from Bryan Menton and subs Joey Wallace and Cathal Hickey.

Meath's reward is a clash with Kildare or Offaly at Croke Park next Sunday while Davy Burke's Wicklow are out of the Championship.

Meath hadn't won a League or Championship game in 10 outings stretching back 16 months to the Round 4 qualifier defeat of Clare in July of 2019.

Joey Wallace scores Meath's fourth goal

They were also relegated from Division 1 of the League this season while Wicklow secured promotion from Division 4, indicating that this may be a banana skin encounter for last season's Leinster finalists.

But they brushed aside Wicklow with ease and showed their ruthless streak to slam in four goals in the closing 15 minutes or so.

Aside from Wallace's goal, the county title winner with Ratoath also won two penalties which Morris dispatched while fellow goalscorer Hickey, Jason Scully and David Toner were also Championship debutants.

The gulf in class between the two teams was apparent from early on with Meath bringing their greater power and physicality to bear immediately and forcing a series of turnovers around the field.

Meath's first two goals came from turnovers with Wicklow goalkeeper Mark Jackson spilling possession after a huge hit from Thomas O'Reilly, allowing Morris to tap in the loose ball.

That score left Meath 1-02 to 0-00 clear with Morris accounting for 1-01 of that.

Bryan Menton managed 1-01 from midfield

Wicklow finally opened their account in the 22nd minute through Dean Healy but it was to be their only point of the half from open play, Jackson scoring the other two from frees.

Bryan McMahon slotted back to back points for Meath before Meath swooped for a second goal in the 30th minute.

This time Costello forced a turnover around the halfway line and carried possession up the pitch before playing a neat one-two with O'Reilly and firing off his weaker right foot into the top corner.

Two minutes later, Menton grabbed his goal and already the game appeared to be up for struggling Wicklow.

It was another clever one-two that left Menton in the clear and he rounded Jackson before sliding a low shot to the net.

Menton seized possession from the resulting kick-out and fired over a high, curling point that would have drew a huge cheer from the Meath fans if any were there.

Walsh and Cillian O'Sullivan buzzed with attacking intent for Meath and Walsh performed a tidy solo dummy before slotting a left-footed point to close out the first-half scoring, leaving the visitors 3-06 to 0-03 ahead.

Wicklow improved in the third quarter and outscored Meath by 0-02 to 0-01 in the opening 13 minutes of the second-half.

But McEntee's men quickly hit the throttle again and their subs had a major impact with Wallace winning two penalties that Morris converted while Hickey also hit the net and James Conlon contributed 0-02 after his introduction.

Meath: Marcus Brennan; Seamus Lavin, Conor McGill, David Toner; Donal Keogan, Ronan Ryan, Mathew Costello (1-00); Bryan Menton (1-01), Ronan Jones; Cillian O'Sullivan (0-01), Bryan McMahon (0-02), Shane McEntee (0-01); Jordan Morris (3-04, 0-01f), Shane Walsh (0-03, 0-01f), Thomas O'Reilly.

Subs: Joey Wallace (1-00) for O'Reilly 41, Ethan Devine for Menton 43-46 blood, Jason Scully for McMahon 56, James Conlon (0-02) for O'Sullivan 58, Cathal Hickey (1-00) for Keogan 59, Eoin Harkin for Toner 61.

Wicklow: Mark Jackson (0-02, 0-02f); Eoin Murtagh, Jamie Snell, Patrick O'Kane; David Devereaux, Niall Donnelly, Darren Hayden; Padraig O'Toole, Dean Healy (0-01); Rory Finn, Mark Kenny, Andy Maher (0-01); Conor Byrne, Seanie Furlong (0-02, 0-02f), Eoin Darcy (0-01).

Subs: Saoirse Kearon for Devereaux 22, Ross O'Brien for Snell 52, Conor Healy for Byrne 59.

Referee: Ciaran Branagan (Down).