A dominant Cork display full of intensity and belief saw them ease to an impressive six-point win over a flat Dublin side in their All-Ireland SHC qualifier at Semple Stadium. 

Cork needed a reaction after meek defeat to Waterford and they got it - leading by six points at the break, thanks in no small part to Mark Coleman's superb distribution and the scoring of debutant Declan Dalton, Patrick Horgan, Seamus Harnedy and Shane Kingston. 

Similarly to the Laois and Kilkenny matches, Donal Burke was Dublin's scorer-in-chief, keeping Mattie Kenny's team in touch, but more aggressive tackling in attack and some inspiring scores from Robbie O'Flynn saw Kieran Kingston's men safely into Monday's draw.

An explosive start to the game from both sides saw Luke Meade and Danny Sutcliffe exchange a point each inside the opening 60 seconds.

A dream start for championship debutant Dalton saw him fire past Nolan in the Dublin goal and put three between the sides on ten minutes.

With nothing in it early on, the goal gave Cork the confidence they needed with another two quick points from Harnedy and Kingston extending their lead to five points.

Dublin responded just as they needed to after the goal with points from Boland and Burke once more leaving Cork ahead by three at the water break - 1-06 to 0-06.

The Rebels were unrecognisable from the side that succumbed so tamely to Waterford just last weekend in terms of work-rate off the ball, hunger and all round intensity in their play.

Coleman's first half performance epitomised that improvement with the ball like a magnet to his hurley and no less than 19 possessions in the first half.

Burke was doing his very best to keep Kenny's side in touch but further scores from play for Harnedy and Kingston and a brace from Horgan left Kieran Kingston's side deservedly in front by six at half time.

Cork continued to keep Dublin at arms length and quite comfortably at that on the resumption with two sublime O'Flynn scores in a matter of minutes further extending Cork's lead to a deserved seven points.

Patrick Horgan after a quiet opening half came into his own in the second punishing Dublin with his frees. The Glen man finishing the game with no less than eight points.

On the hour mark, the second championship debutant of the afternoon for Cork, Jack O'Connor got his first Championship point and no less than he deserved after a solid first day out.

Cork could have had their second goal of the game in the closing stages with a double save from Nolan denying first Jack O'Connor and then Harnedy moments later.

The game was as good as over as a contest at that stage with two further Horgan placed balls sealing a good afternoon for Cork.

It's the end of the road for Kenny and his Dublin side for this year. Cork advance to the second round of the qualifiers and will do so with a renewed confidence and as a team to be feared.

Dublin: Alan Nolan; Paddy Smyth, Eoghan O'Donnell, James Madden; Conor Burke (0-01), Daire Gray, Cian O'Callaghan; Jake Malone; Cian Boland (0-02), Chris Crummey (0-03), Danny Sutcliffe (0-03, 1f) Donal Burke (0-11, 9f) Ronan Hayes (0-01), Eamonn Dillon.

Subs: Davy Keogh (0-01) for Eamonn Dillon 46, Sean Moran for Jake Malone 50, Mark Schutte for Cian Boland 52, Conal Keaney for Rian McBride 66.

Cork: Anthony Nash; Damien Cahalane, Colm Spillane, Sean O'Donoghue; Tim O'Mahony, Robert Downey, Mark Coleman; Bill Cooper, Luke Meade (0-01), Seamus Harnedy (0-05), Shane Kingston (0-04), Robbie O’Flynn (0-05); Jack O’Connor(0-01), Declan Dalton (1-01), Patrick Horgan (0-08, 5f, 1 65)

Subs: Stephen McDonnell for Sean O'Donoghue 30, Conor Lehane for Declan Dalton 54, Aidan Walsh for Seamus Harnedy 67, Niall O'Leary for Robert Downey 68, Shane Barrett for Jack O'Connor 73.

Referee: John Keenan (Wicklow)