The GAA will hold a virtual meeting with its county chairpersons this evening.
The meeting will centre around the association's approach to matters specific to the island of Ireland as challenges around having to potentially abide by two different sets of government guidelines emerge.
With both sides of the border - the north especially - struggling to deal with rising positive Covid-19 cases, the GAA is likely to discuss and give direction on their options and strategy for providing some sort of alignment between the two areas and also dealing with possible lockdowns in either jurisdictions at various stages.
The meeting could involve the discussion of specific GAA guidelines for the forthcoming championship or even a closer look at competitions such as the remaining rounds of the Allianz League and minor and under-20 championships.
Under Level 4, elite sport can still take place behind closed doors but if either jurisdiction is severely restricted at differing times it will add to complications facing the association.
While the 26 counties have moved to level 3 of the Irish Government’s plan for living with Covid-19, it’s unsure what restrictions will face the six counties in the coming days with Stormont due to meet imminently on the issue again.
Meanwhile, NPHET will also meet today to discuss the concerning spread of Covid-19 here with experts saying the disease is growing by 4% each day.
For now, even though uncertainty surrounds Fermanagh’s Allianz League game with Clare on Sunday week - with some of the Fermanagh squad only due to come out of isolation on the day of their Division 2 clash - it is hoped the league can still recommence and conclude.
A meeting of the GAA’s Covid-19 Advisory Committee was also held earlier this week.
It recommended that, in the 26 counties, all underage training must be on a non-contact basis in pods of up to 15. Adult teams can continue to train as normal.
All indoor facilities will remain closed with no committee meetings allowed indoors either.
Inter-county challenge games are allowed to continue but not at under-20 or minor grades.
The committee will meet again in two weeks and will be guided by public health advice before any decision on whether to recommence outstanding club championships is made.