Cuala 2-20 Ballyboden St Enda's 1-18

Sean Moran was Cuala's set piece hero again, rifling home a game changing second-half goal and 2-03 in total to help secure back to back Dublin SHC titles.

Best known as a defender for Dublin, Moran wore number 15 and delivered in spades for his club who came from behind at Parnell Park to grab a memorable win and their eighth title.

Cuala trailed the 2018 champions for most of the game until star man Con O'Callaghan won the 52nd minute penalty that Moran converted, nudging them two points ahead.

It was a controversial call from referee Sean Stack who'd already blown his whistle for the penalty when O'Callaghan netted though Moran produced the same outcome.

His heroics drew the mind back to the drawn All-Ireland final of 2018 when Moran goaled from a late free to force a replay that Cuala won.

His latest score was similarly inspirational as Cuala outscored 'Boden by 0-05 to 0-02 after the goal to win with five points to spare.

The Dalkey men claimed a fifth title in six years

Cuala finished with 14 players as substitute Colum Sheanon was red carded following his second booking in the 54th minute.

O'Callaghan was quiet in the first-half but his role in winning the penalty was pivotal while David Treacy top scored with 0-11 and delivered a strong performance.

It was tough on 'Boden who led by six points at one stage approaching half-time but they were ultimately burned off in the final quarter, conceding 1-05 after the second water break and scoring just 0-02.

Conor Dooley was one of two late additions to the Ballyboden lineup and the ex-Dublin goalie put them ahead for the first time in the fourth minute - a position they remained in for much of the encounter.

The Firhouse Road outfit, chasing a double of senior hurling and football titles, opened up with some terrific hurling to lead by 1-13 to 1-09 at half-time.

Ballyboden detailed county defender James Madden to mark Cuala's dual star O'Callaghan and it worked a treat initially.

Madden limited the five-in-a-row football hero to a point overall though the supply line to King Con was admittedly poor until the second-half.

At the other end, Conal Keaney was inspired for 'Boden despite the fact that he is due to turn 38 shortly.

He wore number 12 but began on the edge of the square and sniped 1-01 with his 25th minute goal coming when he followed up on Paul Ryan's blocked penalty.

That goal put 'Boden 1-11 to 1-5 up and in the driving seat with Paul and Niall Ryan excellent alongside Keaney in attack.

Moran slammed in his and Cuala's first goal after 11 minutes following a powerful run but those flashes of geniuses were limited for the Dalkey outfit initially.

O'Callaghan's point and another from Mark Schutte came in stoppage time to leave Cuala just four behind.

And they cut that gap to two early in the second-half when Treacy converted back to back placed balls.

That two-point margin remained between the teams for much of the third quarter until Moran pointed just before the water break to leave one in it, 1-16 to 1-15.

Then came his penalty conversion and suddenly Cuala were up and running and 'Boden were unable to halt their momentum.

Sub Nicky Kenny, Moran and Treacy all tacked on late points to emboss the scoreline and make it five titles in six seasons.

Cuala: Sean Brennan; Oisin Gough, Cian O'Callaghan, Michael Conroy; John Sheanon, Jake Malone (0-01), Darragh O'Connell; Niall Carty (0-01), Sean Treacy; Diarmuid O Floinn, Con O'Callaghan (0-01), David Treacy (0-11, 0-07f, 0-01 65); Colm Cronin (0-01), Mark Schutte (0-01), Sean Moran (2-03, 1-00pen, 0-01f).

Subs: Colum Sheanon for Carty 27, Simon Timlin for Conroy 36, Nicky Kenny (0-01) for D Treacy blood, 36-37, Kenny for O Floinn 45, Liam Murphy for Cronin 65.

Ballyboden St Enda's: Finn McGarry; Stephen O'Connor, Luke Corcoran, David O'Connor; Shane Durkin, James Madden, Simon Lambert; Sean McDonnell, Niall McMorrow; Conor Dooley (0-02), Paul Doherty (0-01), Niall Ryan (0-04); Paul Ryan (0-08, 0-03f, 0-01 65), Conal Keaney (1-01), Aidan Mellett (0-02).

Subs: Paddy Dunleavy for O'Connor 52, Luke McDwyer for Mellett 56, Conor McCormack for Doherty 60.

Referee: Sean Stack.