Cargin 1-22 Creggan 1-19 (AET)

Ciaran Close's goal at the beginning of the second period of extra-time proved decisive as Cargin claimed their first-ever three-in-a-row of Antrim SFC titles at the expense of neighbours Creggan at a sun-kissed Portglenone. 

This was a thrilling contest that swung back and forth, but Close's major was to give the Erin's Own men a platform to push on and find the scores to deny Creggan their first title in 66 years.

The sides played out a drab affair in the final two years ago, but this was in stark contrast with both producing some scintillating football throughout, but when push came to shove, it was the experienced heads of the Cargin man that shone through at the last.

The defending champions - or Tomás McCann to be precise - got off to a blistering start with the first four scores before Creggan settled and began to dominate around the middle third as they hit the next seven with the impressive Ruairi McCann and Conor McCann prominent before Cargin began to find a way back in as Pat Shivers, Ciaran Bradley and Paul McCann found their range.

Kevin Rice galloped through for a score for Creggan, but Shivers replied to leave the sides locked at 0-9 at the half.

The action was relentless after the break with the sides matching each other as Michael McCann began to exert his influence, curling over a beauty with Ruairi McCann hitting back for Creggan and a Bradley point edged Cargin back in front at the water break.

McCann levelled and a brace from Jamie McCann seemed to put Creggan in the driving seat, but Cargin rallied with Shivers and a pair of Tomás McCann scores putting them back into the lead as the game moved into stoppage time.

It appeared that would be it, but Ruairi McCann pointed a free to send this game into extra-time as neither side could conjure up the winner before time was called with the sides level at 0-16.

It remained nip-and-tuck as play resumed despite Creggan being reduced to 14 for 10 minutes with Eunan McAteer black-carded for trailing down Jamie Gribbin, but they found themselves one up - 0-19 to 0-18 - at the change of ends as David McGuckin's shot for a point went over despite the best efforts of Marty Kane.

The pendulum was to swing decisively in Cargin's favour two minutes after play resumed with Gribbin slipping in Close who fired low to the net and he really should have had a second immediately when he was presented with an open goal from a stray kick-out, but leaning back his shot went over.

Shivers and Kevin O'Boyle added points to leave five in it as Creggan went for broke but they did grab a lifeline in the dying embers when Odhran McLarnon managed to get through and shoot to the net.

They couldn't manage to carve out another opening as O'Boyle hit the insurance score on the break as Cargin celebrated their 10th championship success and fifth in six years to continue their dominance of Antrim football.

Cargin: J McNabb; K O'Boyle (0-2), J Crozier, B Laverty (0-1); D Johnston, J Laverty, E McGrogan; K McShane, M McCann (0-1); C Bradley (0-3), P Shivers (0-5, 0-2f), J Carron; J Gribbin (0-1), T McCann (0-7, 0-5f, 0-1m), P McCann (0-1).

Subs: G McCann for E McGrogan (34), M Kane for D Johnston (42), C Close (1-1) for J Carron (50), M Kelly for G McCann (55).

ET subs: S O'Neill for B Laverty (HT), M Magill for J Gribbin (14), M Clarke for C Close (18).

Creggan: O Kerr; A Maguire, R Johnston, E McAteer; S Maguire, M Johnston, J McCann (0-3, 0-1f); K Rice (0-1), Conor McCann (0-2); R McCann (0-8, 0-4f), K Small, F Burke; T McAteer (0-1), C Small (0-1), C McCann.

Subs: M Rodgers (0-1) for F Burke (HT), L Quinn for T McAteer (45), P Corry (0-1) for S Maguire (59), T McCann for A Maguire (60+3).

ET subs: D McGuckin (0-1) for K Small (start), A McKeown for K Rice (HT), O McLarnon (1-0) for E McAteer (16).

Referee: Brendan Toland (Lámh Dhearg)