Defending champions Ballyboden St Enda's made a winning start to their Dublin SFC campaign with an  emphatic second-half display against Clontarf. 

The 2019 Leinster champions were level with the north Dublin side at the break but romped home in the second period to win 4-20 to 2-08. 

Elsewhere, Kilmacud Crokes struck six goals past Raheny en route a mammoth 21-point victory, winning 6-13 to 0-10 in the end. St Vincent's had a rather tougher assignment against Whitehall-Colmcille, eventually coming through on a 2-15 to 1-13 scoreline. 

2016 finalists Castleknock held off their near neighbours Oliver Plunkett's to win by seven points - 2-15 to 1-11. And in one of the more hotly anticipated openers in Parnell Park, 2018 finalists St Jude's overcame Na Fianna in a low-scoring affair, winning 1-10 to 0-08. 

The other two Dublin SFC encounters on Saturday evening were one-sided affairs, 2012 champs Ballymun Kickham's dominating Skerries Harps to win 3-18 to 0-12, while Lucan Sarsfields were far too good for Ballinteer St John's, easing to a 0-19 to 0-09 win. 

There were three games in the Cork Premier Senior Championship today.

Douglas had five points in hand against Bishopstown - 1-14 to 1-09 - Newcestown overwhelmed Ilen Rovers by 3-17 to 1-07 and  Clonakilty beat Carrigaline 1-12 to 0-08.

Champions Nemo Rangers got off to a winning start on Friday, beating Valley Rovers 3-08 to 1-09, and St Finbarr's got the better of Ballincollig 1-13 to 0-10.

In Roscommon, 2018 finalists Clann na nGael and St. Brigid's shared the points with 1-14 apiece after a late goal from Ciaran Lennon dragged Brigid's back into it. Elphin top that group after their 1-09 to 0-10 win against Strokestown.

In group B, Western Gaels edged their fellow Gaels (Roscommon) 0-10 to 0-07 and St Croans beat Fuerty 0-08 to 0-06 in a low-scoring encounter. The sole game in group C finished Michael Glaveys 2-11, Tulsk 1-07.

In the Kerry senior 'club' football championship, Kenmare Shamrocks were 2-9 v 0-13 victors over Kerins O`Rahilly's today, with Seán O'Shea kicking two big scores as they came from behind in stoppage time.

Kenmare's Sean O'Shea and Kerins O'Rahilly's David Moran battle for possession

Kerry star Paul Geaney kicked the final score of the game in injury-time to secure a draw for Dingle against Austin Stacks, the match in Annascaul finishing 0-15 a piece. 

Killarney Legion picked off the final two points of the game to edge past Kilcummim 0-15 to 1-10.

The victors trailed by two at the interval despite a fine showing from James O'Donoghue in attack, who reeled off three from play, Kevin Gorman’s goal the crucial score of the opening half. 

Legion however showed all their nous to finish the stronger and griond out the win. 

Last night, Tony Brosnan scored 1-08 as last year's runners-up Dr Crokes had 11 points to spare over Templenoe (1-18 to 0-10). 


William Heen of Na Piarsaigh is tackled by Mark O'Loughlin, left, and Philip O'Loughlin of Kilmallock 

In Galway, holders St Thomas' came back from 10 points down to beat Castlegar 2-23 to 3-18. Oisin Connolly scored 2-03 from play at Pearse Stadiun but an injury-time goal from Conor Cooney proved decisive.

Liam Mellows were edged out by Turloughmore, 1-18 to 1-16. The Galway SHC began on Friday night with Tommy Larkin's 1-16 to 0-15 victory against Loghrea.

The Tipperary SHC started today, with wins for Drom & Inch, Thurles Sarsfields and Loughmore Castleiney.

Hurler of the Year Seamus Callanan's Drom & Inch got the better of Roscrea by 2-18 to 2-16, Thurles were 1-19 to 1-3 winners over Kilruane MacDonaghs and Loughmore were comfortable victors 1-22 to 0-17 against Moycarkey-Boris.

Last year's runners-up Kiladangan needed a late free from Bryan McLoughney to draw 1-20 to 3-14 with JK Brackens this evening.

Waterford contenders De La Salle got off to a winning start against Ballysaggart, winning 2-21 to 1-11 at Fraher Field.

On Friday, reigning champs Ballygunner began their seven-in-a-row tilt by comfortably accounting for Tallow - 2-22 to 0-9.

Sixmilebridge got their Clare Senior Hurling Championship defence off to a winning start with a 0-17 to 0-12 win over Éire Óg Ennis in Cusack Park this afternoon.

Runners-up Cratloe saw off Kilmaley on a 3-15 to 2-11 scoreline this evening while Wolfe Tones had too much for Clarecastle, their clash ending 4-19 to 0-16.

Earlier, Feakle beat Whitegate 0-21 to 0-16 and O'Callaghan's Mills were 2-13 to 0-17 winners over Broadford. 

On Friday, Inagh-Kilnamona beat Clooney-Quinn 2-17 to 0-14 and Clonlara edged Newmarket on Fergus 0-19 to 1-14.

The early throw-in in Wexford saw St Anne's claim a quarter-final spot thanks to a 2-17 to 1-19 win over Glynn Barntown.

Ferns St Aidans registered an away victory over St Mogue's Fethard, winning 0-21 to 1-15.

On Friday, holders St Martin's booked their place in the quarter-finals with a 0-23 to 0-15 win over Cloughbawn and a Conor McDonald penalty sealed a dramatic 2-11 to 0-16 victory for Naomh Eanna over Rapparees..

There was also action in the Limerick SHC as Andrew Cliffe scored 2-11 in Ballybrown's 4-18 to 2-14 win over Blackrock.

Monaleen came back from six points down to record a 1-15 to 0-12 victory over South Liberties. 

On Friday evening, Kilmallock saw off 2016 All-Ireland champions Na Piarsaigh 2-16 to 1-17.

Listen to the RTÉ GAA Podcast at Apple Podcasts, SoundcloudSpotify, or wherever you get your podcasts.

We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences