GAA Cul Camps co-ordinator Charlie Harrison has said more places will be made available after their website crashed yesterday.
Harrison said they will not bring the camps forward despite contact training being allowed sooner than 20 July.
He also accepted that the number of places available this year will be down on last year, due to the smaller window and the fact that some clubs will not wish to host camps due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking on Morning Ireland, the Sligo footballer said: "I want to acknowledge that the website did crash. To put into context we have 650 clickthroughs per second, 40,000 per minute.
"It's a 2000% increase compared to our busiest day last year. We're trying to deal with those issues right now.
"The website is opened currently for people that booked pre-Covid and during the Covid issue, before we knew what way we were going to continue with the website.
"We had 4,000 people that booked and we offered them three options, one was to have a priority code to book their camp for the summer.
"We have a number of camps on the website now. They are only available to those that have the priority code.
"We are dealing with the GAA advisory group and adhering to the guidelines recommended by the GAA advisory group.
"There aren't the number of camps we would have had previously. Last year we would have had 1,250 camps available over nine weeks. It's five weeks this year so we don't have the same amount we had previously."
Harrison added that the website will be open again from Wednesday and that as clubs get back up and running, they will learn more about what camps can take place.
"We're dealing with the problems with the website now and hoping it will be available for booking from tomorrow onwards.
"Our developers are dealing with the issue right now. We have 500 camps on the system at present. Incrementally the clubs will come back to us and let us know if they would like to host a camp over the next two or three weeks.
"There will be more and more camps going up on the system."